Chapter 18 Bruises, Ryan, And Ice Cream

Misty-

"Fuck Misty..." Gerard breathed. I covered myself up as best as I could. "G-Gerard...?" I stuttered. "Who... who the FUCK DID THIS TO YOU?!" He yelled. I flinched and curled up a little against the wall. "Misty, who the fuck hurt you?!" He asked, rather demanded.

"Nobody from school..." I said squeaked. Gerard stepped closer to me and put his hands on my shaking shoulders. "Tell me their name and I'll fucking destroy them...!" He said lowly. I whimpered and shook my head. "It doesn't matter because he's a police officer!"

I replied. Gerard tensed up. "A police officer? Jeez Misty what the fuck did you do?" He asked. I gave him a look. "I didn't do anything! This dude's dating my mom and he hurts us! That's why I've been staying at my grandparents!" I cried.

I looked back up at him. Gerard looked like he was trying to figure something out. "Is... is his name by any chance... Ryan? Ryan Ward?" He asked. I looked at him in horror. "How do you know?" I asked. The look on his face was as if something had clicked.

He raked his hand through his hair and he walked around the showers. I quickled grabbed a towel and wrapped myself up. "Gerard?" I spoke. He paced around, looking angry as fuck. I gasped when he smashed his bat over a shower head, breaking it. "G-Gerard!" I spoke louder, finally grabbing his attention.

***

Gerard had convinced me to skip the last period, and considering that it's art shocked me. We were sitting outside of Dairy Queen on one of the benches. He bought me a large chocolate ice cream, but nothing for himself. He told me about how he knows Ryan.

"So yeah... that psycho is my parole officer, and he's beaten me a few times. And you know that Damien douche that was hitting on you the other day? That's Ryan's bullshit son." He explained. I looked at him with wide eyes. "He sent him to our school to keep an eye on me.

That's why I don't skip anymore." He added. "He's... he's everywhere..." Gerard nodded. "Why doesn't your mom just break up with him?" He asked. I looked at him. "You think she hasn't already tried that?" I said. I sighed and looked back down at my ice cream.

"He won't let her break up with him." I muttered. Gerard slipped his hand into mine. I blushed and looked down at our hands and intertwined our fingers. "It pisses me off that I can't do anything. He'll throw my ass in prison if I mess up one more time."

He says. I look back up at him. "How long is her your parole office for?" I asked. "Christmas eve is my last day with him. But I'm afraid I won't make it till then." He said. I shook my head. "Yes you can Gee!" I tell him. He raised an eyebrow at the nickname.

"Don't let Ryan win! Don't let him control you, not like he has my mom." I added. "Misty..." I interrupted him. "You can do it Gerard." I said, leaning in. "I know you can. Do it for your family, for your friends. For me." I said, and with that, I leaned in all the way and kissed him.