Chapter 3 The Delinquents

Misty-

The five boys stood in front of me. Each holding wooden baseball bats. "Bad idea coming here doll." Said the one with long black hair. I clenched my fists and tried to control my breathing as I eyed their bats. "I-I'm sorry I-I just needed to hide out." I stammered, making them all chuckle.

"Hide out? What could you possibly be hiding out from that you had to come under here?!" Asked the one with the tattoos. I looked down and tried not to let them see that I was shaking. "B-bullies." I stuttered. "Bullies? Sugar we're so much worse than the bullies! And besides-" the one with long black hair says while peaking out from under the bleachers.

"There's nobody out there." He finished, pressing the tip of his baseball bat to my chest and pushed me up against the wall. "Ah man what are we gonna do to this chick?" The one with the fro asked as they all surrounded me. "I-I'm sorry! I-It's just that I-I'm new a-and I-I didn't know n-not to come here!" I squeaked, looking down with my eyes slammed shut.

"Aw look, she's shaking. How cute!" The one who had me pinned beamed. For some reason it made my face go hot. "So you're new?" He asked and I nodded. He put the tip of his bat under my chin and made me look up at him. "Tell you what, since you're new and don't quite know the rules here, I'll let you off, BUT, I better not catch you back here. Got it?" He sickly cooed.

I gulped and nodded. He smiled at me, showing off his small crooked teeth. "Good." He said. He backed up a little and grabbed arm and led me out from under the bleachers. The other guys just gave me intense looks and glares. I kept my head down until we were out from the bleachers. "Run along now doll." He said as he let go of me.

"A-alright. Um... thanks for not beating me up." I mumbled. The guy had his bat slung over his shoulders and he raised his eyebrow at me. He slowly walked behind me and eyed me up and down. From behind he leaned down really close to me. I could feel his breath on my neck. Heat rose to my cheeks and my whole body went stiff.

"You're welcome sugar." He whispered. I looked up at him and he gave me a sly grin and a wink. My cheeks felt hot again and he chuckled lightly before going back under the bleachers. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.