Chapter 7 Detention

Misty-

Once gym class was over and I had changed back into my school uniform, I went to my final class. Art. What surprised me when I first walked in was seeing Gerard already here and working. He was one of the first people here in fact. He was so focused on whatever he was drawing that he didn't even noticed I had walked in.

Since I knew where his seat was I got the chance to be able to sit away from him. Since he was in the back I sat in the front. I listened to my music until class officially started. "Good afternoon class. Today I'd like you to paint a picture of what you think represents you. It could be anything. From a simple tree to the Golden Gate Bridge.

Whatever comes to mind. And I want you to use acrylic paint." The teacher explained. She was a sweet sounding old lady that seemed full of energy. I'm not very good at painting so I had to use pictures on my phone to help. At the top I painted the words Panic! At The Disco in cursive writing.

Next I painted a really slopping picture of a ballet shoe. Next was a slice of pizza. I tried to think of what else I could put on here. I then started to think about the divorce. How my parents always fought. How I'd hide in my room almost every night because I was too scared to come out because they were always screaming at each other.

The abandonment. My dad kicking us out. A tear rolled down my cheek and landed on my painting. I looked down where there was a little wet spot where the tear landed. I drew a pink heart around the tear stain and in the middle, where the tear stain is, I painted a black hole over. The bell rang shortly after I was finished.

Wow. I didn't realize it had taken me the whole class period just to paint this. I put my painting in the drying rack with the rest of the paintings and cleaned my paint brush. After cleaning I texted my mom and told her that I had to stay after school for three hours for detention. I didn't bother going to my locker to get my stuff.

What's the point anyways? I walked into the library where detention was, as so I was told. Lisa was already here sitting at a desk in the middle. She gave me a childish glare through her cracked glasses. I had to make this right. I walked over to her desk and sighed. "Lisa... I'm sorry I hurt you." I said. She rolled her eyes and scuffed.

"You had better be sorry!" She sneered. "Um, is there anyway I can make it up to you?" I asked awkwardly. She looked up at me and raised her eyebrow. "Pay for my new glasses!" She yelled. I winced at her tone and nodded before sitting down in the very back.

After 15 minutes of detention, Gerard, Frank, Bob, and Ray strolled on in being loud and rowdy again. Why am I not the least bit surprised that they're in here? They had their baseball bats with them. "Dude, it's those freshmen from gym class!" Ray shouted. "Don't you mean fresh meat?" Frank asked.

I shrunk in my desk at their laughing. Lisa looked back at me with a terrified expression. "Look alive sunshine!" Bob's voice boomed and he slammed his bat on Lisa's desk causing her to shriek. "Hey, I got something for you!" Frank said as they all surrounded her.

He lifted his leg and pulled out a small lollipop from his sock and put it on her desk. "Open it!" He demanded. I watched Lisa slowly take off the wrapper while her whole body shook. "Good! Now put it in your mouth." She looked up at him and shook her head. "No! It was in your sock!" She sobbed.

Gerard grabbed her short blonde hair and arched her head back. "Do as he says!" He barked. I sunk down further into my desk but kept watching. Lisa whimpered and put the lollipop in her mouth. Gerard smiled and let go of her hair. "Does that taste good sweetheart?" Frank asked, leaning down on her desk.

Lisa involuntarily nodded. "Good! I'm glad you like it. Enjoy the sweet flavor, because next time I give you a lollipop to suck on it's gonna be skin flavored!" Frank said and the others snickered. I put my hand over my mouth and tried not to gag. Just then the principal walked in. "SIT DOWN!" He boomed.

"Yes George!" Gerard fake beamed. "THAT'S MR. STORM TO YOU WAY!" Mr. Storm barked. They just laughed and made their way to the back row. Gerard seated himself next to me and flashed me a smile. Mr. Storm began to walk around the room. "Welcome to detention! You're here because you're rebellious scumbags!

Because you choose not to follow rules, like right now!" He boomed and then snatched Lisa's lollipop that Frank had just given her. A scumbag? Me? No! That's not me! I have good grades and I'm not a rebel! "Rule number one, when you're in detention, no eating or drinking! The only beverage I'll allow is water, but it has to be in a clear bottle so that I can see it!

Rule number two, no talking! Rule number three, you're not to lift your fannies off your seats until it's time to go home! That's three simple rules to follow for three hours. Do you think you can handle that?" Mr. Storm announced. Nobody answered. "I SAID DO YOU THINK YOU CAN HANDLE THAT?!" He screamed.

"Yeah, whatever." Gerard sighed, kicking his feet up on the desk we had to share. Mr. Storm glared at him. "I SAID NO TALKING!" He snapped. Gerard snickered at him. "Everyone, give me your phones and other electronic devices!" Mr. Storm barked and then went around collecting all of our phones and iPods.

"Isn't that technically four rules if we're not allowed to have our electronics?" Gerard asked with a smug smile and in the most sarcastic tone. "Do you want me to expel you?!" Mr. Storm yelled. My eyes widened and I looked up at Gerard. "Do is it look like I give a fuck?" Gerard asked, putting his hands in his pocket.

"Listen here Way, if you get expelled then you won't graduate. If you don't graduate then you won't get your diploma and you'll never get a job, you'll end up on the streets or in prison. And you know what I think if you end up on the streets or in prison? You won't last a single day! The streets will destroy you and prison will kill you!

So if you have any kind of intelligence in that ignorant head of yours you'll shut your damn mouth!" Mr. Storm snapped. Gerard glared at him for a minute. "That's not going to happen to me!" Gerard snapped back. Mr. Storm scoffed and picked up Gerard's bat. "You think so?" He asked, waving it slightly.

He shook his head and took the other's bats away. "So tell me Way, where's your brother?" He asked. Gerard's smug smile returned again. "Mikey didn't get detention today George! He's at home being a good little brother!" He replied in a fake cheery tone.

"Well good for him! At least one of you has your shit together!" Mr. Storm "cheered" back. Gerard went silent after that and just glared daggers at the principal. "I'll be across the hallway doing some paperwork. Sit tight and don't you dare get up!" Mr. Storm barked before leaving. He left the double doors wide open.

"What a dick." Frank spoke. You're one to talk. I thought. I knew Lisa was thinking the same thing too. Gerard popped a cigarette in his mouth and lit it. "You know you're not suppose to smoke in here! You're going to get in even more trouble." I mumbled. Gerard chuckled and blew smoke at me.

I coughed and waved my hand around my face. "Not if I don't get caught sugar." He said before taking another drag. "Y-you will e-eventually." Lisa stuttered. "If you snitch on me then I'll bash your fucking skull open!" Gerard growled. "Hey Lisa, how about we go into the janitors closet, just you and me? Will that get you to shut up?" Frank asked.

Lisa immediately looked down and I think she might have been crying. I scrunched up my face and rolled my eyes. "You guys are nasty..." I mumbled. Gerard looked at me and blew more smoke at me. "Doll you have no idea just how nasty I can get." He said. My face grew hot and I looked away disgusted.

Ray, Frank, and Bob burst out laughing. "I mean hey, we're lab partners. That's the perfect excuse to take you back to my place!" He said, winking at me. I gulped and looked down. My cheeks were burning up. Mr. Storm came back. "WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT TALKING?!" He yelled. Ray, Frank, and Bob's laughs died down to snickers.

"I mean it! One more peep and you're all staying an extra hour!" Mr. Storm warned before leaving again. Gerard leaned down really close to me. "It's like I said before sugar, I'm going to have a lot of fun with you!" He whispered. His lips tickling my ear making a shiver run down my spine.