Chapter 29 Free At Last

Gerard-

The courtroom was silent while we all waited for the jury. Misty stood beside me. Hand in mine. My mom was standing in the row behind me with her hands firmly on my shoulders. My friends and brother all stood around me. "What if I'm still guilty?" I whispered. "Gerard, they can't send you to prison now. Not with all the evidence they have."

My mom reasurred. I squeezed Misty's hand. Damien's lucky the cops came and took him. After seeing Misty's condition and hearing and seeing that video, I wanted to rip both Ryan and Damien's spines from their throats! Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the jury comes back. My heart starts racing and I grip Misty's hand tighter.

"Has the jury reached a vertic?" The judge asked. "Yes, your honor. We the jury find the defendant... not guilty!" My friends and family all cheered and started clapping. Everyone engulfed me in a hug. My eyes widened in a daze and I could feel myself about to cry. I was free. "Gerard, you're free!" Misty yells happily. I look at her and hug her as tightly as I could.

"No, Misty. We're free!" I say and kiss her. We all walked out, well I limped out because of the fact Ryan shot me in the leg. But I didn't care about that I was a free man! Misty and her mom can no longer get harassed and neither will I. Misty stops in front of me when we get outside. "I love you." I smiled more and I felt my heart get all warm and fuzzy.

I don't know why, but it brought tears to my eyes to hear her say those three words. The good kind of tears. I placed a hand on her cheek and looked into her beautiful eyes. "I love you too." She smiles widely and pulls me down for a kiss. I wrap my arms around her waist and kiss her deeply. Now that everyone is free of Ryan, I can be with Misty all I want.