Chapter 13 Desolation Row

Misty-

I paced around in my temporary bedroom debating on whether or not to go over to Gerard's house. It doesn't help that he's blowing up my phone with texts. Like, every three minutes he was texting me. "Damn it Gerard, leave me alone!" I muttered to myself.

After the 23rd text they stopped. Finally!" I sighed. I unlocked my phone and played some music. "Whyyyyyyy should I care? 'Cause you weren't there when I was scared. I was so alone! Youuuuu, you need to listen! I'm starting to trip, I'm losing my grip and I'm in this things alone!"

I sang along to the song "Losing Grip" by Avril Lavigne. My grandma came in my room halfway through the song. I turned off my music and looked up at her. "You have a visitor dear." She said. "Ok." I said. Fuck. I knew it was Gerard. Who else would it be? Mom?

I sighed and walked downstairs to see, you'll never guess, Gerard. "Hey there sugar!" He greeted me with a wink. I inwardly groaned. He was wearing a leather jacket, a red shirt with a ripped up black shirt over it, skinny jeans with numerous tears, especially around the crotch area... and biker looking boots.

"What are you doing here Gerard?" I groaned. He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "I texted like crazy! I thought you were coming over!" He sassed, his one gloved hand resting on his hip. "I never said I was coming over..." I replied. Gerard looked over at my grandma and smirked.

"But we have that science project we have to work on." He chimed. Oh that cheeky bastard! "Science project? By all means Misty, if you have to work on something for school then you should go back to his place." Said grandma. That cocky little shit!

Gerard smirked at me and I sighed in defeat. "Go get dressed honey." She said. I sighed again and ran back upstairs to get changed. I changed out of my purple pajamas and into a red hoodie. Light blue jeans, and my black and white converse.

I grabbed my phone and went back downstairs. "Have a good time you two. Good luck on your project!" Said grandpa as he stared at the wall. "Yeah. Thanks." I said, feeling bad for him and his blindness. "Ready sugar?" Gerard asked. I nodded and followed him outside and across the street.

Instead of going in his house he mounted his motorcycle. "Get on." He instructed. "Gerard, I thought we were just going back to your house to work on that stupid science project." I said. He scoffs and shakes his head. "Sweetheart I don't do science projects. Just hop on." He replied.

I sighed and got on. "Fine, but please don't go 50 miles over." I pleaded. "Psh, my baby was made for speed!" Gerard says as he strokes the bike. "Where are we going anyways?" I asked. Gerard stared up his bike and revved it up.

"Somewhere fun!" Gerard replied before speeding off. I held onto him for dear life as he sped up and did a fucking wheelie! I screamed and clung onto him. "WHAT THE FUCK MAN?!" I screamed. "Relax! I'm a professional!" He said before doing it again.

I screamed again and hung onto him as tightly as I could. Gerard laughed. "It's ok sugar, we're almost there." He said as we entered a really shady part of the city. There were all kinds of thugs and bikers all around. Most of them were eyeing me intensely.

What are we even doing here? Gerard parked his bike in front of a punk bar. "A bar?" I asked in disbelief. "Yup!" He said, dismounting the bike. "Come on!" He said, grabbing my hand and pulling me off the bike. "Gerard, I'm 15! I'm not old enough to drink!" I whispered.

He patted my shoulders and led me closer. "It's fine! I know the guy who owns this bar." He said. "But what if I don't want to drink? I can't go back to my grandparents wasted!" I protested. "Then don't drink." He said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

I grunted and let him drag me in the bar. Instantly I could smell all the cigarettes and alcohol. There was a pool table, a dart board, and a bunch of men fighting each other. It was like that one bar from Spongebob The Movie. I shuffled closer to Gerard and he looked down at me and chuckled.

The men in here gave me strange looks. "Gerard, I don't belong here." I whispered. He wrapped his arm around me as we approached the little island and we sat on stools. "You'll be fine Misty. I'm right here." He whispered back. "What's up Gerard!" The bar tender says.

"Jerry! My man!" Gerard shouts back. Jerry then looks over at me. "Why'd you bring your little sister?" He asked. I glared up at him and opened my mouth to talk but Gerard beat me to it. "Dude, she's not my sister. Her name's Misty. She's a friend of mine I decided to bring with me."

Gerard scoffed. Jerry put his hands up for a moment. "Whatever man, I didn't think you were interested in younger girls." He said. "Ha! Don't flatter her too much! She's the same age as me!" Gerard half laughed. Gerard was 17, but he's turning 18 this up coming April. "You're 18?" Jerry asked. Gerard lightly kicked my leg.

Guess he told Jerry he's already 18. I gulped and nodded. Jerry shrugged and put two shot glasses in front of us. I obviously didn't take it. Gerard saw this and immediately took mine and drank both. "Two more Jer!" Gerard shouted over the heavy metal music blasting through the speakers.

Jerry gave him two more shots and Gerard drank both at the same time in under a half a second. He's definitely experienced with taking shots. Suddenly I felt a pair of hands on my shoulders and someone lifting me up. "Hey! Who brought their daughter?!"

Some really huge buff guy yells. His breath reeking of alcohol and cigarettes. "Let me go!" I squealed. "Hey Jerry! Where'd the little brat come from?!" He asked. "Excuse me! She's with me! So you better put her the fuck down or else!" Gerard threatened, now standing up.

The huge guy scoffed. "Or else what kid?" He sneered. Gerard didn't answer. He just swung his bat down, whacking him over the head. The man dropped me and started attacking Gerard. Then out of nowhere Ray, Mikey, Frank, and Bob ran over to the man and all five of them started beating him up!

Someone grabbed me and dragged me behind the counter. I looked up to see Jerry. And pulls me under out of everyone's sight. "Alright kid, how old are you really?" He asked. I sighed in defeat and told him the truth. "I'm 15..." I muttered.

He nods. "I figured. You shouldn't be here. It's bad enough I let Gerard and his friends in here." He sighed. "Well why do you let them in here?" I asked. "Because he's got a lot of dirt on me, that's why." He sighed, running a hand through his spiky black hair.

"MISTY!" I heard Gerard scream. I quickly stood up and peered over the counter. He and the guys were standing over the man who was now unconscious on the ground and bleeding. "Oh there you are!" He says once his eyes land on me.

He grabbed my arm and dragged me out from behind the counter. "Listen Gee, after today I don't want to see her back here!" Jerry barked sternly. Gerard rolled his eyes. "Whatever, she's not even drinking! Now give me a beer!" Gerard barked back.

Jerry sighed and put a large glass mug in front of him with a fizzy alcoholic drink. Frank and the others sat down around us and began drinking. Gerard immediately began chugging his beer. If my mom or grandma ever find out I'm here I'm dead!