Chapter 6 Gym Class

Misty-

Since lunch people have gone back to staring at me in horror again. English and history didn't go so well either. Lisa was in both classes and the whole time she's been acting like a prissy little shit to me. "YOU SLUT! YOUR SKIRT'S UP TOO HIGH! PULL IT DOWN!" I heard her scream from behind me while on my way to p.e.

"First off, I'm NOT a slut! My skirt is not too high, my blazer is too big on me! So just leave me alone and mind your own business!" I snapped. Lisa then lunged at me and slammed me into a locker. "DON'T YOU EVER TALK TO ME LIKE THAT YOU LITTLE SHIT!" She screamed in my face.

She slammed me into the locker one more time before walking off. I rubbed the back of my head and found blood on my hand. I looked off in her direction and glared. "I'm in a school full of psychos..." I muttered. I picked myself up off the ground and headed off the p.e. I saw Lisa there on the court stretching.

Are you fucking kidding me?! She's in this class too?! I quickly rushed into the girl's locker room and changed into my gym clothes which were a pair of blue shorts, a light grey t-shirt, and red converse. When I got out and joined the others for warm ups, two guys ran out of the boy's locker room looking scared out of their lives.

One of them had a bloody nose and the other was limping. Everybody looked up at them confused, but immediately looked away when guess who came out of the boy's locker room? Ray, Frank, Mikey, Bob, and Gerard. Great, they're in this class with me too. Their gym outfits were t-shirts and either sweat pants or basketball shorts.

Mikey and Gerard were wearing sweat pants while the others wore shorts. Their outfits were all black too. The gym teacher gave them a cold look since they were being really loud and rowdy. The teacher then blew his whistle. "Alright, shut your mouths and listen!" He snapped.

"Why don't you watch your mouth you chicken shit!" Gerard yelled. "Hey! Keep your attitude in check! Don't make me call your parole officer, Way!" The gym teacher sneered back. "Which Way?" Frank asked. "We Way!" Said Gerard, putting his arm over Mikey's shoulder. "Me Way?" Said Ray.

"No Ray..." Said Mikey and they started laughing. The teacher's face turned red with anger. "Anyways... Today class were are playing dodge ball. Since we have a new student here with us today I will go over how we play." He said. Gerard and the others looked over at me. Gerard smirked while the others held blank stares.

"Misty. If you are hit with a ball, you are out. If you throw a ball and someone from the other team catches it, you are out. If you catch a ball, you can bring back somebody who is out back onto the court. And lastly, do NOT throw a ball at someone's face!" He explained. "Um, ok." I said.

"Good. Alright, Misty, Paul, Dean, Lisa, Gerard, Emma, Micheal, Tiara, Frank, Mathew, Markus, and Ashley, you're one team. Raymond, Greg, Amber, Tyler, Freddy, Angus, Chelsea, Alex, Steve, Karen, Olivia, Bob, and Anderson, you're the other team. Let's go ladies and gentlemen. Get with your team and up against the wall." The teacher says.

I was shoved to the wall by none other than Lisa. "You better not screw up! Or I'll make you regret you ever fucking came here!" She spat. Believe me, I already regret coming here. The teacher blew his whistle and everyone raced to the front of the court to grab a ball. I kind of stayed behind everybody so I wouldn't get hit right away.

Bob kept whipping dodge balls at me, but I managed to dodge them. Gerard, Frank and Mikey got most of the other team out. That was until Bob hit Gerard. "Damn it!" He yelled. "Ha! Suck it, Gerard!" Bob laughed. Gerard smiled and rolled his eyes and went to sit out. "Get me back in sugar." He said as he passed me by.

Most of our team kept having to sit out. Right now it was me, Frank, and Lisa. While the other team had Bob, Ray, and four more people. "You're gong down Frank!" Said Ray. "Yeah right! You throw like a girl!" Frank yelled. "Oh yeah?!" Ray yelled. He chucked the ball at him but he ducked down and it hit Lisa instead.

"Missed me bitch!" Frank laughed. Lisa gave a pouty look but wouldn't dare say anything to them. "You better get me back in you little shit!" She sneered as she walked passed me. I looked up and Gerard and he shook his head and mouthed the words "no, get me back in" and winked.

I don't know why but I nodded and dodged another ball thrown by Bob. "Come on little girl! You haven't thrown a single ball at us!" Bob yelled. I looked away feeling embarrassed now. "Bob you can't even hit her!" Gerard yelled back. "That's because she keeps dodging! It's called dodgeball for a reason dumbass!" Bob yelled.

Gerard snickered. "Nah, you're just a lousy shot! Can't even hit this one girl!" Gerard teased. Bob was becoming even angrier. I looked at Gerard with a wtf face. "Stop antagonizing him!" I said. Gerard grinned at me but then pointed towards the other team. "Heads up!" He said.

I looked over and a dodgeball came slamming into my chest with enough force to knock me over. My arms clung to the ball and Bob and Ray high five each other. The teacher blew his whistle. "Bob, you're out!" He yelled. "What?! I got her though!" He yelled back, throwing his fists to his side.

"She caught the ball so that means you're out, now sit down! Misty, bring back a team mate!" He said. Bob grumbled and sat back down. Lisa stood up and was giving me a cold glare and mouthed the words "pick me already". When I looked at Gerard he was giving me an expecting smile. I looked back and forth at the two.

Finally, I tossed the ball over to Gerard. He caught it and came back to the court. "Good girl." He cooed. Lisa stood there with her mouth hanging open. "Are you kidding me?! I told you to bring me back!" She yelled. Everyone just stared at her. "I told her call me back first you little brat. So just shut your fucking mouth before I make you!" Gerard barked.

Lisa glared at him but was trembling. I've had just about enough of her shit today! She's been pulling this shit on me all fucking day! Acting like she owns me. "What's your problem with me anyways? What have I ever done to you Lisa?" I asked, crossing my arms. She looked back at me and scoffed.

"You're the problem! You get in the way of everything, nobody fucking likes you, you're a nuisance, you can't do anything right and you should just crawl back under what ever disgusting hole you climbed out of!!!" She yelled. Tears poured down my cheeks. Something in me suddenly snapped.

All noises drowned out. The snickers from others, the gym teacher yelling at her. I didn't even notice the pissed off look on Gerard's face or the rage in his eyes. I snatched the ball from Gerard and threw it at Lisa. It hit her hard in the face, knocking off and shattering her glasses.

I've never hit anyone before nor have I ever intentionally hurt someone. I've always been the good girl that never fights. I was always too quiet and afraid to so much as raise my fist at someone. "MISTY! YOU'RE OUT FOR THE REST OF THE CLASS! BOTH OF YOU! LISA YOU STAY WHERE YOU ARE! MISTY YOU COME SIT OVER HERE!" The teacher screamed.

I finally came back to reality after that. Lisa was crying about her glasses and on the ground holding her nose. Everyone had dropped silent. The delinquents were smirking at me. Even Mikey and Bob! Gerard gave me thumbs up even. "Now Misty!" The teacher sneered. I hung my head low and sat at the other side of the gym.

Once seated tears poured down my cheeks again. I have no idea what came over me. I can't believe I hurt someone! Even if Lisa deserved it, violence is never the answer to any situation! I know I'm going to have to apologize later. I didn't want to but it was the right thing.