Didn't She Just Get Rejected?

Zack POV

"Boys gather up!" Coach Tom yells, "Practice will be longer today since we are in the championship game." I look at Tony and see a worry expression on his face, "What's wrong with you?" I ask, "Tina is riding with me and she is going to throw a fit when she finds out we're staying longer than usual."

Jonny comes out of no where "That's why I have a best friend that will forgive me if I buy her some ice cream." We laugh at his comment.

"Jonny, your best friend is so sexy to me! What is her name again? Jacey, right?" David say as he shoots a three. Jonny throws a basketball at his head, "Ah! What the hell?! That hurt dude!" David squeals like a girl, "It was supposed to stupid, stop talking about my best friend."

We start practicing our plays, me, Jonny, Tony, and David are all starters. We can switch positions with each other because each of us are all around players on the court. The coach blows the whistle signaling that we can have a water break.

"Zack, Ms.Gail is here to talk to you for a minute." Coach Tom calls out to me, I run up to Ms.Gail, "Remember when I said you will be tutoring somebody in your math class?" I nod my head at her question, "Here, this is the paper with the information she need most help on, her name is Jacey Hills."

Ms.Gail walks out after saying that, I go and put the papers in my gym bag.

Knowing that I have to tutor a girl who told me her feelings towards me not to long ago, also knowing that Nicole will blow up when she finds out that I will be tutoring a girl, I let out a big frustrated sigh.

Flashback

Tina is beating up on David again, that is nothing new, we'll pull her off of him later. Jacey walks in the gym looking for someone most likely Tina, she sees her beating David and yell for her to come on. Tina gets off of David, after he apologized to her.

"That's why you ugly and she looks better than you." David says while pointing at Jacey and sticking his tongue out at Tina.

Tina goes after David again, Jacey goes to sit on the bleachers and wait on Tina.

I walk over beside her and she looks over at me but then back at Tina and David fighting, "Waiting on Tina?" I ask, she looks at me and nods her head.

After a few minutes of silence between us, "Umm can I talk to you outside of the gym?" She asks me while biting her lip, I look at her confusingly but nod my head yes anyway.

We walk outside of the gym, it was quiet for a couple of seconds.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I ask after another couple of seconds.

"Oh, um, okay I'm just going to go ahead and say this." She takes a deep breath, "I'm Jacey and I have feelings for you. I know you have a girlfriend and I'm not trying to break y'all up or anything. It's just that I've been having feelings for you for a while now and I wanted to get it off my chest." She says that all in one go.

I look at her shock, but after a couple seconds I say with a smirk on my face, "Awe that's so nice, but like you said I have a girlfriend and I also don't even know who you are, so why would I even want to date you?"

I saw hurt flash through her eyes but I don't care, I don't even know anything about her only that she is the best friend of Jonny.

She says okay quietly and walks back into the gym, I follow her after getting out of deep thought. "Ah! Rape! She's raping me!" I hear David yelling as I walk back into the gym, I chuckle at his scream.