Can I Sleep Over?

Zack POV

I wake up from my nap to see Jacey watching something on her phone. She is so into it that she doesn't even realize I am up, she starts biting her lip.

I feel something grip my hair. She's running her fingers through my hair and I didn't even notice it.

As I'm about to say something my mom comes in, "Hey Jacey, do you want any snacks?" She lets go of my hair quickly, "Um, no thank you I'm just waiting on Zack to get up." My mom leaves after that.

I pretend to stay sleep, "Why did I have to tell you how I felt?" I feel her breath on me so I know she's talking towards me.

"Now all you do is be mean to me and just tutor me." She starts playing in my hair, I'm not even going to lie it feels good. After a few minutes she resumes back to her phone.

I pretend like I just woke up, "What are you doing?"

She moves her hand from my hair so fast. "Um, I was just watching my phone." I roll my eyes, I knew she would lie.

"What were you just doing?" She starts biting her lip "Nothing."

"I know you're lying. Why was your hand in my hair?" She looks at me shock, she starts to bite her lip even more and then she sigh in defeat, "I was playing in your hair." She says while looking the other way.

"Sorry, it's just that it's so soft and I was bored." I look at her with an arch eyebrow. "Can we just go ahead and get this tutoring over with?" She starts getting her books out.

After Tutor Session

Jacey phone starts ringing, it seems that every time she is with me her phone rings. "Hello... I'm at my tutors house... His name is Zack... Yeah... I don't think he would say yes but if not I'll ask him to drop me off at Jonny's house... Okay bye love you."

She gets off the phone and starts biting her lip, I sigh in frustration, "If you need to ask me something go ahead and ask."

She looks at me with wide eyes, "Um, can I sleep over, if not can you drop me off at Jonny's house?"

I look at her with confusion. "My mom and dad are going on a business trip and they don't want me to stay by myself." She is biting her lip and I can tell she is lying. "Stop lying and tell me why you need to sleep over."

"How did you know I was lying?" I laugh at her clueless question, "Because one you just told me and two you bite your lip when you're lying or thinking." She mouths the word "Oh." and finally sighs.

"I don't like staying in the house by myself for to long." I stare at her for a few seconds and start laughing at her, "It's not funny, it's scary okay." I continue laughing and she just glares at me.

"How are you scared of staying in the house by yourself?" I ask in between laughter and she shrug her shoulders.

I am still laughing after five minutes. "Okay let's go get your stuff and bring you back." She arch her eyebrow in confusion and shock, "You're letting me stay? You're not going to drop me off at Jonny's house?" I nod my head, "Nah, that's just to much work."

She grabs her shoes and we head to my car. "Wait, did you even ask your mom if I can stay over?" She looks at me with fear in her eyes, why is she always scared of something?

"Yeah, I texted her while I was laughing at you earlier and she said it was cool." She calms down after I said that. We arrive at her house a few minutes later, she goes in and get her belongings and comes back out.

"Can I play with West when we get back?" I look at her and see her smiling at me. "I don't care as long as you don't bother me." She nods her head. I look at the time and smile to myself it's about time for West to go to bed.