Hour Three

"My parents didn't spring for the all inclusive package..."

Hour Three

Hour Three

"Please for the love of everything good in this blue and green world, will you stop that?" Avianna blew a huge cloud of hot air while throwing daggers at the boy, who seemed keen on tapping relentlessly.

"I can't," he shrugged.

"Why not?"

"Let's just...let's just leave it at that," his lips formed a tight line and he stared at the ceiling. He didn't even turn his head to look at her, continuing to drum away. Once in a while, he would add a humming sound in the form of a guitar riff. With his eyes shut and his headphones practically a sixth sense at this point, he was clueless to the environment surrounding him.

This gave shuddering Avianna her window of opportunity.

~~~~~

"Give it here," her raspy voice grumbled as a rush of chilly air flew over her body.
Only her sense of touch was awake as her other senses were still half asleep.

She curled her hands under her head and had her knees hunched to her chest. Certainly this position wasn't the most comfortable, but it was the best she could do seeing as airplane seats were notoriously unforgiving.

"No, it's mine," he pulled on the fleecy sheet that currently was over the armrest between the two of them.

The blanket swayed from one hand to another, often stretching beyond capacity. Avianna fingers scrunched the corners of the blanket. She slightly yelped when something grazed her leg.

"No, it's... " an adorable and unexpected yawn left his pink lips and he couldn't care less who heard it-- primarily because he was in a deep sleep. "It's mine," he tugged once more. His soft socks brushed up against her bare legs and Avianna silently wished she hadn't chosen to wear a floral dress.

"No..." Avianna felt a warm rush of heat upon perching the blanket above her shoulders. This time around, she had an easier time bringing the blanket to where she was.

Peeking, she saw that he was all tuckered out. Soft murmuring, and a rising and steadily falling chest signalled that she had won. What she didn't see was the amused but simple grin on the boy's face.

"I guess being annoying will do that to you," she deepened her groove into the blue seat and prepared for sunny skies ahead.

~~~~~
Maybe it was the fact that her nap wasn't the least bit pleasant or the fact that she awoke with a crick in her back but more and more her seatmate's attractiveness drooped.