Hour Twelve

"Well call me Cupid or call me crazy..."

Hour Twelve

Hour Twelve

"What's taking so long?" she checked her watch.
"I ordered peanuts like five minutes ago. I feel like this airline is messing with me on purpose."

~~~~~

"Relax," Jack followed after him shutting the door so that they were inches away from each other.

"I think I should leave you alone. This is a private matter," Logan shuffled towards the door.

"I'm not going to use the washroom. I'm going to talk to you. In case you weren't paying attention this is the only place we can talk without having her hear."

"Why do we need to talk? Is there something important?" Logan sat on the counter beside the sink.

"I've noticed something." Jack paced back and forth. "You're in love."

"And you're delusional."

"Deny it all you want but you have a crush on Avianna."

"I do not," Logan yelled.

Jack only stared.

"I don't!" Logan protested. "Now will you stop staring? It's strange not seeing you blink."

Jack repeated his previous actions, only this time he rested his chin on his knuckles as if he was in deep thought.

Logan stammered, filling the awkward silence. "I just met the girl. There is no way..."

Jack, knowing that he was right, only cleared his throat.

"There's no such thing as love at first sight," Logan objected.

"If we're being technical about it," Jack spoke, "It wasn't really love at first sight. You were with Avianna for 10 hours. I'm pretty sure you guys passed first sight a few countries ago."

"Like I said, I don't have feelings for her."

It made Logan uncomfortable talking about this subject with a guy. Even his friends back home would rather stuff their faces with chips and play videogames than entertain the notion of attraction. To add insult to injury, he also wasn't the type to become overly emotional either.

Jack rested his cheek into his hand, adding to the silence.

"I hate these minimal responses. They say so little," Logan angrily spat.

"Au contraire. They say a lot actually," Jack stood up straight.
"Your body language tells me all I need to know. You're relaxed most of the time but when I mention her name you tense up. Your shoulders rise, you deflect the questions away from the topic as best you can. Which absolutely means-- you're smitten. Did I get that right or does the fact that your mouth is hanging open tell me my answer?" he cunningly smiled, a little too self-satisfied for Logan's taste.