Hour Thirteen

"We can't all be drawing artists, now can we?"

"And we can't all be composers, creating beautiful melodies."

Hour Thirteen

Hour Thirteen

Sleeping, talking and eating was just about the only thing Avianna could do. Everybody she knew would love to be in her position but she was growing sick of doing the same thing, hour in and hour out.

She had never missed the ground so much in her life. She could imagine herself frolicking in the grass, sifting through the sand and simply stretching seeing as she would have room to.

"Only seven more hours," she told herself.

Her partner on the similar hand couldn't agree more. Ever since they'd hit a rough patch and were given a slight nudge of turbulence, he'd been uneasy.

The air caught in his throat, constricting his airways and his fingers slipped off of the armrest due to all the sweat dripping from them. His mouth went dry so he was surprised when he was able to form a coherent sentence to the person next to him.

"Avianna. Hey are you awake?"

She nodded, opening her eyes. A positive note to this enduring flight was that she was never lonely. It struck her as ironic seeing that she was never without her sibling but when she was always in Piper's shadow instead of beside her, it tended to feel that way. "Couldn't sleep. Looks like you couldn't either. "

"Yeah. Being aviophobic will do that to you."

"You're aviophobic?" she yawned.
It was funny. She could yawn on end, but sadly couldn't rest her eyelids. "What's that? I've never heard of it," she brought her legs up on the seat.

"It means I'm afraid of flying. My fingers get sweaty, I hyperventilate and on occasion I black out."

"Huh." How did she not notice before?

"Yeah. It's a chore when your family lives in another part of the world."

Using the tablet, Avianna searched the phobia and what she could do to help him. He was important to her, and anyway she could ease his pain, she would do it.
"Irritability, trouble breathing, nausea, blacking out..." she mumbled, swiping through the webpage.
"Logan?" she snapped her head up.

"Hmm, Avs?"

She disregarded the name because she had given him one herself. "Logan. One of the symptoms is irritability. Is that why you yelled at me earlier?"

He hung his head low. His heartrate spiked hearing her repeat his blunder. He was embarrassed that he'd caused his anger to get the best of him. It was so passionate and fiery, both of which were unlike him. "Yes," he answered.

She raised his chin with two fingers, meeting his shiny green eyes to her warm hazel ones. "Well now I know it wasn't you, just your condition talking."