Hour Thirty

"Missed me?"

Hour Thirty

Hour Thirty

"What have you got there?" Morgan peeked over his shoulder.

Logan skimmed the pages, a giant smile never fading from his face.

"Something important."

~~~~~

The city streets were bustling with life when the airport came into view. It was perched on a beautiful tended lawn and the morning sun glistened off the tall glass windows.

Glancing out at the world through the cab window, wondering how amazing his surroundings were, he whistled a tune and pulled out his phone.

After snapping some much needed photos, he dialed the number of the person he was dying to hear from.

"Mom. Can you do me a favour?"

He bit his lip from smiling too hard.

"Yeah, it's urgent," he continued. "How fast can you get to Belleville?"

~~~~~

"Just pick one please," Piper begged. "Every book is the same."

"That's just just it," Avianna held up two sketching books, giving them an equal glance. "These books are the same. They're not mine."

"Oh please pick one!" Piper stalked off, frustrated.

Half an hour ticked past, and Piper came back, arms filled with food, clothing, and a new science book.

"One of those is not like the others," Avianna lifted an eyebrow and grabbed the book that was about to slip out of her sister hands.

"Hey!"

"What? It was about to fall," Avianna laughed. "And it's about time you picked up something instead of a boyfriend."

"I'll have you know, I'm an active member of the science committee, and also the debate team. Furthermore, I should be telling you the same thing. You love a guy that could as well be imaginary, since I haven't met him."

"He's not imaginary!"

Heads of all sorts turned towards their direction.

"Shh!" Piper tugged on her sister's arm, pulling the cart with her. "Keep your voice down. We can't be the crazy people of Walmart!"