Hour Twenty

"Why couldn't I be born a Princess?"

Hour Twenty

By the time the trio had walked through the glass doors of the museum, the sun had passed behind the moon. People were filing out as the doors were being locked for the day. Outside wasn't quite dark yet with the backdrop staying a deep cerulean blue.

Streetlamps dropped an orange glow on the pavement underneath.

The ride back was peaceful. Aside from one passenger getting off the stop before, the upper level was empty, meaning they talked as loud as they wanted.

Stores with black awnings zipped by, people flapped their doormats outside,and Big Ben chimed.

Logan, Avianna and Jack gasped in awe travelling under the Tower Bridge, pointing. The lake beneath it glistened and the lights were a thing of beauty.

The silence allowed Logan to enjoy the scenery, to be thankful for all that he had, despite his hardships.

"I wish this day could last forever," Avianna took a bite out of her rocky road ice cream.
"It was spectacular."

"It was pretty cool," Logan licked the dripping mint chip from his waffle cone. "Even if I spent hours at a museum."

Jack spoke and they had no trouble listening to his soothing accent.

"I'm going to miss you guys. As weird as you are and as strange as you eat ice cream, this is by far the most fun I've ever had." Jack chomped on the spoon carrying chocolate fudge ice cream.

"Jack. You really don't have to go. I'll pay the rest of your flight," she offered, even though she was pretty sure his flight was already paid for.

"That's awfully sweet, Av. But where would you get the money?" he played along for old times sake.

"My piggy bank."

Jack's heart weighed a ton and fell to his feet. He definitely needed them to help him pick it up--he couldn't do it without them. He couldn't deliver his speech either and his tone cracked. In an instant the boy and girl sitting in opposite seats rushed over engulfing him in a hug.

These were truly the best friends everyone needed. Wiping his and her tears, his voice faltered. "Stay you, Avianna. There needs to be more people like you in the world. You have a heart of gold."

"Thanks. Don't forget us you know," she gave a sad chuckle, catching falling tears.

"I couldn't if I tried."

"You're breaking my heart Jack."

"And you've managed to soften mine." He turned to the boy playing with his fingers. "Logan I'm definitely going to miss you. You're a great person even though you sat on me the first time we met."