Hour Twenty Four

"And she has the most prettiest laugh in the world."

Hour Twenty Four

Hour Twenty Four

It wasn't his fault.

He didn't mean to let his emotions take control but they surfaced. 

He would've done the same thing if he were in her position. And the way her lip quivered when he abandoned her made him feel so much worse. 

Why couldn't he have just sucked it up and helped her look for it? Why was he so stubborn? 

Avianna was right. He was ditching her when she needed him the most. He was a jerk.

But he knew just how to make it up to her.

At least he thought he did. Racing to where he left her, he impatiently banged on the desk.

"How may I--oh it's you," the man picked his pen off of the floor.

"Yes it is me." Logan seemed unfazed by Jerry's  (as his nametag read) dismissive behaviour. "The girl that was here awhile ago where did she go?"

"Beats me," he shrugged. "She was a sobbing mess when she ran out of here."

"Could you tell me where she went?"

"She went that way," he jutted with his pen. "Towards that corridor."

"Thanks." He wasted no time, running after the girl he... liked.

"I was just leaving."

She took one last look at him before hurrying to her seat. He didn't look back, his head remained forward watching his screen load.

Say something, you goof!

But he didn't.

Instead he let her walk away, not saying a word. The guy was a doctor for goodness sakes probably off to save someone's life! Who could say no to that?

"Avianna you forgot your--"

By now she was too far away to even yell to. He took the book off of the gentleman's seat and put it carefully into his backpack. When they touched ground he was going to give it to her, no questions asked, and walk out of her life for good. 

If he didn't miss his taxi the morning of the flight he wouldn't have met her, he wouldn't have boarded that plane.

He also wouldn't have gained another person in his life.

Looking back on it now, his temper did a number on him. It was the obstacle that prevented him from handing over the book and continuing on his way.

HIs feet were dragging on the floor and he must've walked the entire length of the airport before collapsing on the gift shop floor. He didn't care that people stepped over him. He was too tired to even lift his head.