Hour Twenty Eight

"She was in her own world exchanging numbers with the server."

Hour Twenty Eight

Hour Twenty Eight

"This isn't half bad," Logan slurped on his soybean vanilla latte that Morgan had shoved his way.

At first he had protested but two minutes later and Morgan glancing away at a girl texting on her phone, he snuck in a sip.

From then he was hooked.

"I told you," she drummed on the round white oak table. They sat at an elevated height with their feet barely touching the ground.

"Now why aren't you drinking yours?"

"I've got my eyes on something better."

Logan watched in amazement when Morgan held her glance towards the server picking up drinks to bring to the next table.

Even though the uniform of denim jeans and a black t-shirt with the shop's logo was laid back, he looked as though he wasn't even trying.

From his brown eyes to his beard and the tattoos along his arms, he put every male in the cafe to shame.

"Him, why him?" Logan groaned. "Can't we just drink our coffees and go? He's a hipster. They're hard to pick up. Always talking about dairy-less cheese and tape recorders."

"That may be, but he has that lumberjack vibe," she played with her cup once more until she saw him walk her way.

"Just go," Logan's head leaned against his palm.

"You're sure you'll be okay by yourself?"

"Certain. If not, I'll defend myself with hundreds of sugar packets."

"You're the best!"

"So I've been told," he sadly sipped away.

The last person to say those words was the person who he had tried so hard to forget.

Avianna.

~~~~~

You'd think previous experience would've told them not to take the highway.

Which they didn't, so they were right on track to their destination.

"You were in the store a really long time. Why?" Avianna lifted her feet onto the dashboard.

"The line was long and some girl needed a quarter."

"Interesting. So you gave her one?"

"Uh huh. She was really apologetic and super nice."

"Did you get her name?"

"Morgan."

"Nice name," Avianna stretched. "Did she say anything else?"