Hour Seven

"All I did was breathe. Am I in trouble for breathing?"

 Am I in trouble for breathing?"

Hour Seven

The sun was now making its departure, waving goodbye in the form of dazzling sky art. Breathtaking blues and soft yellows folded into one another, the same way Avianna and Logan's first meeting was now bordering and inching itself into a friendship.

And with any good friendship, one treasures the laugh-till-your-belly-rumbles kind of things over the I-don't-even-know-you-anymore things. And to be quite honest, Avianna didn't know which to feel at this moment. Save for the fact that Logan was an amazing joke teller and she responded by toppling over, she couldn't let go of the fact that earlier that day he'd been particularly harsh with her.

His tone was alike to the scraping of a chalkboard--earsplitting and unmistakable. The way his nostrils flared made her wonder if he was to spew fire at any minute.

And what hurt most of all was when he undermined her intelligence. It was the only thing she could cling to besides her sketchbook and with a few nasty words, he tore it to pieces.

Now was the time when she asked herself, why was she here?

Not in the spacial sense, but the resting her head on his shoulder sense. He had berated her, belittled her and she was still processing how he'd managed to do that.
But then again...

If they were friends, why would he do that?

They weren't even acquaintances by the looks of how things were going.

And they sure weren't lovers.

They were seatmates. And seeing as that was what they were, Avianna decided to return to her seat. And when she did, she couldn't help but notice it was a little cooler on her side.

Logan rambled on about something incoherent and only noticed that she was gone when he went to relax his shoulders. For one thing, they felt sore but they also felt lighter.

His eyes retreated to the windowsill, watching as the light slowly seeped from her face. She now longer had a carefree glow, but rather a drudgery downpour of sadness filling the spot.

"Are you alright Avianna?" he neared her so that she could feel his breath dancing on her skin and she instantly brought the blanket up to her collarbone to shield his advances.

"Couldn't be better," she turned over, not meeting his concerned green eyes.

"Then why are you over there?" he asked, like a confused puppy who didn't know that they did something wrong.

"Because I can be."

"Why are you acting this way. Did I do something to upset you?"

Silence.

"Why are you acting this way?" he shook his head.

"I'm supposed to be mad at you."

"Are you now?" he arched his eyebrow, easing himself back into the seat. It wasn't a question, it was more of a tease.

"Yes! In fact, I shouldn't even be talking to you! You are so annoying," she grumbled, fluffing a pillow which she wanted to chuck at him.

"Fine," he picked up a travel magazine, granting her pleas. Logan scanned the pictures, but his mind was somewhere far off. As a matter of fact--it was stuck. Stuck on the person he considered a friend.

His friend sighed, restlessly shaking her leg, and shooting daggers at him.

"Is something bothering you?" He grinned not at all fazed by her harsh conduct.

"Yes. You."

"Little old me? How so Avianna? I'm just reading." he casually turned to another page.

"You know what you're doing," she huffed. "You're purposefully reading this book upside down knowing I can't stand it."

"You're putting way too much thought into this," he murmured.

"I'm not," she flipped the book right side up. "There."

"Does that make you happy?"

"Stop talking I'm supposed to be mad at you."

"May I ask why--"

"Oh quit the act!" she threw her hands up. "You know what you did."

"What did I do? All I did was breathe. Am I in trouble for breathing. Here, would you like some of my air," he blew in her face.

"Gross! No...if I tell you why I'm upset at you will you shut up?"

He zipped his lip.

"I'm mad at you because you yelled at me--"

"But Avi--"

Weren't you listening when I told you about my condition or did you choose to disregard that too? I was sick and trust me, if you were in my position you'd act the same way... He wanted to scream but chose to keep his mouth shut.

"I wasn't finished," she held up her index finger.

"Proceed."

"I was just trying to help you and you went berserk on me."

"I don't remember," he fibbed, knowing that if he thought about it, it would make him feel immensely guilty.

"Of course you wouldn't," she seethed with anger.

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing, " she closed her eyes trying to regain her equanimity. "The fact is that I was trying to offer you some Tylenol and you chewed off my head. Friends don't do that."

"We're friends?" Logan's voice went up an octave higher.

Of course Avianna wasn't paying attention, she was too concerned with the idea that she didn't know what the correct answer to that question was either.

"I mean--I don't know. I just thought....never mind."

"No. What did you think?" he put down the magazine and tapped her shoulder.

"Are we friends or are we just seatmates?"

"Seatmates?"

"Yeah. Two people stuck on this enduring flight or are we friends?"

"Huh..." he sat back and contemplated.

"You have to think about it?" she yelled.

"No--I'm just I don't know how this friend thing works. I've never been friends with a girl."

"It's the same thing as being friends with a guy."

"Yeah sure."

"It's the same thing except for some notable physical differences," she insisted.

"It's not the same."

For one thing it's not possible to fall for your friends, not that I'm thinking that.

"Yes it is. Arguing with you is useless," she clenched her fists and crossed her arms. At this point--she knew her answer.

"Feeling's mutual," he gritted his teeth. "I'm going to get some air. Not that you care."

It seems like he cares though. As always comment and vote if you liked this chapter.

Question Time!

If you could have any superpower what would it be?

I would want to fly obviously, and also be able to teleport.