Hour Twenty One

"It felt like they were a gorge away instead of a few feet."

Hour Twenty One

Hour Twenty One

Parents, children, men, women and the frequent carry-on pushed, squeezed and stomped their way through the jet bridge. If there was ever a time to play the song Welcome to the Jungle, this was it.

There was nothing the flight attendants could do except shrug their shoulders and give sympathetic looks.

Thanks to a heartfelt conversation with her departing British counterpart, and an alarm that didn't go off, Avianna got a seat near the back of the plane, beside a teen that applied way too much highlighter.

"Want some?" The girl asked, shoving the case towards her.

"No I think I'm good."

"Really? You could use some."

"Excuse me?" Avianna was not having it. Her eyes were droopy and she hadn't enough time to fill her stomach. "Excuse me if I don't want to look like some glittery, neon green thing-that- even-NASA-could see from space."

"You didn't have to be so rude."

Avianna was in disbelief. "I'm being rude? What planet are you on?"

A heartfelt chuckle emerged from Avianna's left, the same side the girl was on. It was familiar--a little too familiar. It was also a little boyish if you asked her.

Luckily no one did.

Craning her neck, her thoughts were proven true.

It was a boy.

But it wasn't hers.

Hers was closer to the front searching for her and when he did find her, he gave a relieved wave.

Sighing she rested her chin on her hand and began drawing.

Time ticked by, while her hands clutched the pencil flitting from one corner of the paper to the next.

When she tired of this, she searched for him again. She spotted the detailed ink on his dangling arm.

His head leaned over the armrest nearer to the aisle and his body from what she could see, rose up and down.

She wanted to yell to him, to have someone to talk to. Ripping herself away from his companionship was not the right way to go about it, even if it was her alarm clock's doing.

It felt like they were a gorge away instead of a few feet and she wondered when she would get a chance to tell him how she really felt.

She touched her hair, remembering how gentle and kind he was when he braided it for her. He was absolutely perfect.

Well....

Okay fine, he wasn't perfect. No one could be but he was her perfect and if she didn't tell him how she felt it would destroy her.

Author's note

The chapter is short bc like I said I have so much schoolwork but hopefully it was good idk. I like writing longer chapters that's just me.