Hour Eight

"His green orbs no longer emitted the positive vibe that she had gotten used to."

Hour Eight

Hour Eight

"Finally some peace and quiet," Avianna folded her legs over one another and began reading one of her novels. Instead of picking the numerous paper novels she'd carried in her carry-on, she retired to her phone.

To her there was nothing better than not smelling the weathered paper and ink from a hardcover book.

She scoured the app looking for something good to read. Truth be told, it was like finding a needle in a haystack.

Sliding her finger across the screen, Avianna settled on a book. It was captivatingly good, and she found herself unable to put it down until...

"Psst!"

Avianna never flinched nor did she look to the sound.

"Psst! Avianna!"

"Logan, if this is some ploy to get me to talk to you I'm not int--" she whipped her head around so fast, that she was sure that she was mistaken when she saw someone else. Behind her row, was a woman with a frilly hat, dressed in a flowery petunia dress, a young man, and a beer bellied, toupee and fancy suit wearing man.

One of them was not like the others.

"How do you know my name?" she steadied her gaze on the guy who creepily knew hers.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I'm Jack." It was the young man who spoke.

The words rolled off of his tongue as swiftly as his hand went out to shake hers. His fingers curled around her own, giving them a gruff shake and she released, grazing the plaid sleeves of his shirt.

"That still doesn't explain how you know my name."

"Honestly, it was hard not to--what with all the screaming and all. You had a fight with your boyfriend?"

Avianna choked on some air. "Boyfriend? No we're not dating. Were just um...were just people sitting together."

"Okay," he said in a disbelieving tone.

"Great. " she murmured. "Now I'm probably so loud I could be mistaken for the in-flight entertainment."

Jack chuckled. "Funny and sweet. You're my kind of girl."

Avianna scoffed at the boy who couldn't be much older than she was. "Excuse me?"

"You're also very smart."

"Turning around to read my book now," she said, slumping back down. It was safe to say she was more than a little creeped out.

"Avianna wait!" Jack squirmed out of the tight hold he was in between the woman and the man. Their elbows were pressed up against his sides, digging and jabbing into his ribcage. "Okay, I admit that was creepy but just hear me out. It's not what you think."