Hour Six

"That's not what I meant."

Hour Six

Hour Six

Her tears tasted salty and bitter on her tongue and she gasped for air as she processed the scene around her. It was safe to say it was not what she expected.

Wreckage everywhere in the very tops of leaning and folding rainforest trees, smoke burning from the engine, her leg in agonizing pain, her arms broken, Logan nowhere to be found, her cell phone unreachable and untraceable, her staggering pleas and cries for help, bruises and scars adorning her beautiful face, the crumbling dirt beneath her body, the sound of nature all around her, flapping and cawing birds--was not at all what she experienced.

In fact, what she saw had her collapsing into taken aback arms.

Everything was exactly the same. Except they were now in the air.

It was all a dream.

"Avianna," Logan caught her in his lap, wide eyed and tongue tied. He was drumming away, when he turned to face her. He assumed she would be fast asleep given the sun perching among the clouds, yet she was here panting and coughing up a fit. Strange as it was he extended his arms out to her, hoping it would suffice.

She buried her head in cozy material, grasping on to anything that felt real.

"Avianna, you just had a bad dream," he said, feeling her warmth over his body. Here she was, a normally composed girl who was now a jumble of emotions. He didn't know why he had such strong feelings about her--they'd just met. But something tugged at him, something told him to keep an eye on this one. So when she tried to squirm, it had been a struggle to grant her wishes.

"Avianna, I'm here. Avianna please don't cry. I can't take the crying and the murmuring and the everything that comes with it," he stressfully ran a hand through his mane.

His voice was so sincere, it surprised even him. He didn't know why those words just magically floated off of his tongue the way that they did, but when she lifted her head up managing a small smile-- he was glad he had said them. It was the same smile that had captured him and transported him back to the cold winter's night.

Avianna rustled a bit in his arms but remained steady. She wasn't ready to leave just yet.

Did she just think that?

"Logan?"

"Yes, Avianna?" he wiped a tear away that rested on his thumb and watched the girl slowly breathe in and out.

"I...I..." she stammered, searching for the right words.

"It's okay. You don't have to say it. If it makes you feel any better you can just stay here."

He was really telling it to himself as his fingers caressed her back, whispering sweet promises.

She sniffled. "We have no choice, we're in an airplane remember?"

That's not what I meant.

Logan leaned over to a passing flight attendant. He whispered something into her ear.

She nodded and came back a short while later holding a plastic cup.

Avianna didn't feel him move until he handed her a glass.

She gave him a puzzled face along with a frown.

"Relax," he said. "It's not Vodka, I promise."

She still sniffed it just to be sure but brought it to her lips anyway. She made a face causing him to take the cup from her after she drank.

"What was that?" she asked.

"Water."

"Oh."

"Do you want to talk?" he traced a pattern on his jeans.

"Sure," she yawned. "I don't feel like going back to sleep, if I'm being honest."

"What should we talk about?"

"I don't know. What do you want to talk about?" she could feel her muscles relaxing in his arms, though her heart strained against him. If her mother was here, boy she'd throw a fit. Her youngest daughter nodding off against a low life stranger...the nerve!

Avianna shuddered at the mere thought but quickly disregarded it allowing herself momentary freedom. For once in her life, all she had to think of was the here and now, not the what will my mother think. So she was determined to take advantage.

"I don't know," he shrugged.

They stayed like that until Avianna jumped up. She did it so rapidly that her head spun and she felt lightheaded.

"Easy, Avianna," he eased her back down. "Geez woman, do you give everyone you meet a heart attack?"

"No. Most times they're too busy fawning over my sister."

"What?"

"Nothing. Um... I have an idea."

"What's that?"

"We both know where we're going but we don't know exactly why each other are going."

"I see."

"So you go first."

"Me? Why me?"

She packaged a small grin.

"Only because you asked so nicely." he said.

She chuckled not caring about their close proximity, if she even noticed it at all.

Haha, I couldn't help it. I had to trick you guys in the second paragraph.

As you were reading about her arms being broken paragraph, what was going through your mind?

Question Time

If you had the power to ship anyone and get them together (fictional character, you with your crush...teachers with other teachers) who would you ship and why?

For example, if I had this power I would ship Kara and Mon-el. They are great together.
#Supergirl fans know what I'm talking about!

As always comment and vote if you liked this chapter. Don't be a silent reader!