Hour Twenty Nine

"Morgan you're killing me!"

Hour Twenty Nine

"What?"

There was a shrill squeak in an instant and it didn't come from the girl in the room.

"What do you mean what?" Morgan shovelled some more popcorn into her mouth. "And please stop shaking me! I'm getting motion sickness."

"That's the girl! That's her!" Logan paced back and forth across the rug.
"Wait. What did she look like?"

"I don't know. Thick, curly hair, maybe? If I knew I was being interrogated I would've taken notes."

"And her sister?"

"You mean Piper?"

Logan crumbled to the ground, knees bent, about to yell at the ceiling. "You need to drive me."

His hand turned the doorknob before she had time to protest.

"Number one: ask politely and Number two: It's 11. The bake shop closes at 10:30. No chance, kiddo."

"Morgan you're killing me!"

"It's what I do best. Now cheer up. If things are meant to work out, they will."
She ruffled his hair.

"But Morgan, she was under my nose this whole time! How am I supposed to calm down. She just--"

"Let it out."

"She means so much to me. I can't... I can't--"
He slid his hands down his face.

"Logan relax. You know what you need? A good night's rest. We can discuss everything in the morning."

Within no time, she was pushing him up the stairs, and across the hall.

"I need to find her. She's my best friend."

"Hurtful," Morgan mockingly brought her hand to her chest. "What about your friends back home?"

"They're eh," he shrugged. "She's different."

"Is that so? Tell me more about her."

They paused at the top of the stairs, taking a seat.

"What's your favourite thing about her?"

"There's so much good in her. She sees the world as good. She sees someone like me as good and that's more than what most people see."

"And?"

"She has this smile, it's so beautiful. She's stubborn, but that's nothing compared to the other great qualities she has."

"Huh."

Morgan was in awe. Her cousin truly was in love. More than what she'd seen in anyone of her friends, even the ones who'd been dating for over three years.