Hour Twenty Two

"Glad you're using my official title."

Hour Twenty Two

Hour Twenty Two

Now was her chance.

She scoped out the situation, tiptoeing carefully as the man currently sitting beside Logan went to the washroom.

"Hey," she smiled as her back hit the chair. "What you up to?"

"Well if you must know, I am trying to search up fun things to do when I land and so far I've found nothing."

"Australia's not that bad. It has great scenery. "

"I've found nothing because the WiFi isn't working properly. The website isn't loading."
He tossed the tablet into his bag.

"Hmm. You know what?"

"No. But I know you're going to tell me," he simpered, knowing she would swat his hand away after he tapped her nose.

"Since we don't have technology I actually have time to draw and I drew--"

"You drew..." he drawled, raising an eyebrow.

"Listen. I'm trying to tell you. Now if you will shut up I can continue."

"Yes, your Majesty, " he bowed from the waist up.

"Glad you're using my official title," she nudged him.

"Wouldn't have it any other way. Now show me what you drew. I'm excited," his fingertips tapped on the armrest.

"Okay. Here."
Grinning from ear to ear, she wasted no time.

"Open it. I want to see."

"You are way too excited about this," she flipped the cover.

"I'd be happy with whatever you drew."

"If you're trying to butter me up because I promised you one of my mom's cookies, try again."

"I'm not."
Dimples creased his cheeks and Avianna became a Popsicle again.

"Hmm."

He's acting too nice. Did he forget I barfed my entire dinner/lunch/anything I'd eaten that day on him?

"What are you thinking about Av?"

"Nothing."

"You were a little too quick there. Maybe slow down your answer to make it less obvious."

"You are unbearable." Though the grin on her face said otherwise.

"And you are bearable," he countered.

"I can't believe you drew me, " he looked down at the paper. The facial silhouette had shaded lime eyes and long eyelashes.

"What? That's preposterous," she stammered, turning red. She hastily pulled it out of his grasp.
"It's not you. Why would you think that? You're not the only guy I know with green eyes."

"Oh."

"I didn't mean for it to sound like that."

"Water under the bridge," he raised two fingers and brought them swiftly down. But his tone spoke volumes.

"Logan, I'm--"

"I'm sorry to interrupt this little 'chat' but you're in my seat."

Feeling a tap on her shoulder, she turned around to find a man wearing a grey suit. He had a stethoscope around his collar.

"I was just leaving."

She took one last look at Logan before hurrying to her seat. He didn't look back, his head remained forward watching his screen load.

After eating her weight in pretzels, she stretched her feet hearing the captain say something about landing in about a few hours.

Maybe she didn't have as much time as she thought.