Hour Ten

"You're a little criminal, aren't you?"

Hour Ten

Although the moment was gone, it seemed the night was in no hurry to be rushed away, so it took its time, hovering and waiting still.

Logan still couldn't rest his tired eyes when his mind was insistent on running a marathon.

Why didn't you ask her?
His mind challenged him and prodded him for what was to be the hundredth time that hour.

The fervor that had riled him up instantly plummeted at the sound of Jack's voice. Why?

That was the thing. He couldn't figure out why.

And the kicker? Avianna's brown eyes which turned his words into mush. A warm, crummy, mush sort of like apple crumble.

At least food wouldn't let him down or render him speechless and, he could eat as much as he wanted.

His stomach grumbled and he tried to suffocate the noise by wrapping his arms around the loud beast. And seeing as he wasn't going to spend ten bucks on stale cookies, he rummaged through his knapsack.

"Logan?" Avianna called out in the most raspiest but alluring babble he had ever heard. It was like she was punishing him on purpose.
It was some sort of song or interlude that he gladly welcomed in his ears.

"Yes Avianna?"

"Can I have some?" she asked, half awake, half alert. Glancing down, she noticed something white and round in his hand.

"You wouldn't be you if you didn't ask," he incredously sighed, awed at how fast she woke when there was food around.
It was like she had a sensor.

"You can have one--"

"One?" she widened her mouth. "Come on you have to give me more than one. Aren't I special?"

Logan unlatched his jaw to speak but closed it, seeing as though he couldn't put it in words. Now music-- that was something he could do and could express his feelings with, but talking that was another story. A story that he would not be able to tell.

"You know what, don't answer that," she watched him struggle as if he was trying to find a retort.

"You get one. If you don't scream," he placed the small circular egg into her hand.

"Why would I scream? You haven't given me something to scream about--" she clamped her hand over her mouth realizing how that could have been interpreted.

Logan didn't seem to mind or either he didn't notice. "Don't be too cocky now. Just look down."

"And why would I?" her jaw dropped to the floor. "...Wow. That's different."

"Do you know what it is?"

"An egg."

"Not just any egg."

"It's an egg," she argued and rolled her eyes.

"Not just any egg. It's a Kinder egg."

She gasped. "You mean..."

"Yup."

"But aren't these illegal in the U.S? If my calculations are correct, shouldn't we be flying over the U.S airspace right now?"

"Maybe," he shrugged, peeling off the wrapper.

She followed after him, tasting the mouthwatering chocolate and letting it mingle and warm her tastebuds. Oddly enough,  she wondered what kissing him would be like.

But... it would never be that way.

"What are you staring at?" he popped the last shard into his mouth. He had caught her in a haze when he failed to hear her speak. Her eyes were closed and she was in a state of bliss--one he wished he could have brought her to.

But... she was clearly not interested.

"What?" she drooled caught off guard.

"You were staring hard at something. What was it?"

"Who staring? Me staring?" she pointed to herself. "I wasn't staring."

"Alright then," he put his hands up in mock surrender.

Steering the conversation towards a subject she stood a great chance of not reddening at, she marvelled at the little toy in her hands. "Where did you get these anyway? Do you have a secret stash?"

"Ssh," he pressed a finger to her lips from reflex. "It's illegal remember?"

"Only in the States," she reminded him. "You're a little criminal aren't you?" she lightheartedly chuckled.

He took offence to this but let up seeing the wide grin on her face. "Only for you. Do you want another one?"

"Couldn't say no if I tried," she took one out of the three he held open for her.

Granted, she was only talking about the candy, yet that statement alone gave Logan the courage to going about asking the question that was nagging in the back of his head.

What did you guys think about this chapter?

Kinder eggs are delicious.

*Throws one to each of my readers*

Question Time

If you could have an unlimited amount of food what would you eat?

If you liked this chapter, comment and/or vote.