Hour Seventeen

"You say a little in so many unneccessary words."

Hour Seventeen

Hour Seventeen

The hotel they'd been put up in was marvellous. Even the orange and spice coloured, lattice patterned hallway oozed sophistication.

Outside every door was a potted plant and inside every room was painted a clean, crisp white.

Avianna held her breath while walking in, pulling her carry-on. Everything was in order, not that she was fussy. She was very minimal. Not much could bring her mood down and she was pleased at the smallest of things, so when she was given the world she had to step back.

The massive bed by the far corner of the wall with a black headboard overwhelmed her. She'd never had a room to herself let alone a massive bed. It was all so new.

White pristine tiled floors were polished to an unmistakable shine, each room had a stainless steel mini fridge, a dazzling chandelier, a massive bathroom and prompt room service.
A small balcony with a glass railing gave her the perfect the view of people passing by right outside her window. It almost made up for hours of not being able to move.

Almost.

Her legs fell asleep the moment she hit the pillow and her head soon followed, which was terrible because she had a whole day planned.

When she awoke, a complimentary lunch waited for her. Avianna would be satisfied with the fact that she had running water let alone all this.

Speaking of running water, it had been exactly twenty hours since she'd last had a shower. By the looks of it and smell she needed one.

Feeling the warm water on her skin, she was overjoyed and entranced in a calming state. It felt like all of her troubles were slowly floating away.

She was so entranced, she hadn't noticed how long she was in the shower.

After a good hair washing, she didn't waste anytime getting ready. Today was important. Today was

Different.

"Avianna will you hurry up!" Jack knocked outside her hotel door. "I'll be as old as the Queen by the time you're finished!"

Tying up her curly, misbehaving yet beautiful curls, she took a look in the mirror. "It could be better," she bit on her lower lip. She took the elastic down and begun the process again.

"Avianna I'm counting to ten. If you're not out here I'll--"

"You'll what?" she mocked.

"I'll--I'll....Oh for goodness sakes!" he slumped down to the carpet just as he heard footsteps approaching.

"She's still not ready yet?" Logan crouched on the harsh fabric of the walkway.

"I gave her ten seconds and I'm about three away from barging in and breaking down that door myself."

"You will do no such thing," Logan stared directly into his eyes. It wasn't a suggestion, it was an order. His eyebrows narrowed and he glared at the floor. "We have to give her space. I would."

"You would do a lot of things for her, wouldn't you?"

"Yup,"

"That's saying a lot even though it's just one word," Jack nudged him. "So when are you going to make your desires known?"

"Wow. You really are British. You say a little in so many unneccessary words."

"Answer the question," he laughed. "I'll put it in a way you can understand. Are you going to ask her out?"

"No."

"Why not?"

"Why should I?"

"Because you like her."

"But she doesn't like me back."

"How could you possibly know that?"

"Because when I'm around her, I get tongue tied. She doesn't. That's all there is to it," he scratched his tattoo.

"Really that's all there is?"

"Uh huh."

"So you don't mind if I ask her out?"

Logan's throat tightened but he played it cool. Clearing his throat he added, "No. I don't."

"I'll do just that then."

"You wouldn't."

"i was about to break down a door five minutes ago. Do you really want to see what I'm capable of."

"I guess not."

"Then ask her out, will you?" Jack hit him. "Gosh, you Canadians. So polite yet not willing to make the first move."

"How'd you know I was Canadian?"

"We left from the same airport--in Canada. It's not rocket science."

"You got me."

"But there is chemistry," Jack wiggled his eyebrows, "between you two."

"You are so annoying."

"Speaking of annoying, I'm getting annoyed just waiting around not doing anything. Where is she?"

"Avianna," Logan leaned on her door. "Are you ready or what?"

No answer.

He knocked, but she didn't reply.

"Avianna I'm coming in," he shielded his eyelids as he entered. "Are you dressed?"

Peering in between his fingers, he looked.

Author's note

What do you guys think is going to happen?

Question Time

If you could pick one of the characters to hang out with for a day (Piper, Avianna, Logan or Jack) who would hang out with and what would you do?