Hour Five

"Her name played over and over like a broken record..."

Hour Five

Hour Five

Logan shut his eyes trying to zero in on anything that didn't involve the room spinning. Although the girl, what was her name Adianna? Yeah, her. She was interesting, though he found himself tuning out. It wasn't his fault. With his stomach churning and the likelihood he'd throw all of the contents that were in it onto the aisle, who could blame him?

He looked out the window, still met with the airplane runway. He sighed.

Was this plane ever going to take off?

A blurry hand flew in front of his face and he wondered if he was seeing things and if his sickness was getting worse. But when it happened again, he stared at the source with so much disdain, he simply pretended to sleep once again to avoid another confrontation.

"Psst, Logan."

He didn't answer.

"Logan. Are you awake?" she tapped his headphones.

No answer.

She shook him.

"Geez woman! What do you want from my simple life?" he jolted out of seat, earning quite a murmur from the other passengers. "All I ask is for a few minutes of quiet. Is that too much to ask Afianna?"

Bile was sloshing around in his gut and was making its way to the middle of his throat so when he erupted, one could certainly say he was justified.

"Will you please--" this was the moment when he gulped trying to push it back down-- "shut up. That's all I ask. If someone's eyes are closed, not responding to your calls, don't you think it's best to not hold a conversation?"

"But I thought--"

"No. You didn't think. I don't think this entire flight you've ever had an original thought in your body. If you know what's good for you, you'll stop talking. Okay Agianna?"

"My name is Avianna!" she fumed stomping the one foot that wasn't asleep. "For your information I am smart. So being the intelligent person I am, I'll leave you alone to suffer."

"How'd you know I was su--" Logan covered his mouth as he gurgled.

Avianna remained silent.

This time Logan couldn't hold back and he darted to the restroom, splashing a few plastic cups filled with dark liquor along the way.

Avianna was beyond hurt, all she was going to do was offer him some Tylenol seeing as he looked feverish. But he dismissed her, like the wind to a discarded candy wrapper.

His loss.

But at the same time she shouldn't have any right to feel bad. They weren't friends. They weren't even acquaintances. The two were just seatmates stuck on this flight together.