two

Y/N POV

I do not want to go to this new school but I don't have much of a choice. I turned off the alarm on my phone and stretched my arms. I got out of my bed and went to wake Skylar up. Hopefully Skylar cooperates and wakes up like she's supposed to and doesn't argue with me. I went into Skylar's room and she was already awake.

"Well good morning little one." I said.

"Good morning Y/N." Skylar said.

"You look pretty in your uniform." I said.

"Thank you. I need your help with my hair though." Skylar said.

"Nope problem. Are we doing French braids today?" I asked.

"Yes please." Skylar said.

I got the stuff I needed for Skylar's hair and sat down on the bed. She got her little chair and sat in between my legs. I detangled her hair then parted it down the middle. I grabbed the pieces of hair and began braiding it. Before my mom got sick she did Skylar's hair but once she got sick it was left up to me to take care of that. It took me a lot of practice but I got the hang of it. If I ever have daughter I'll be able to say I know how to do her hair. After I finished the second braid I made sure that's Skylar's baby hairs were laid down. I handed Skylar the mirror and asked, "You like it?"

"I love it you did such a good job Y/N." Skylar said.

"Thank you. Now go tell mama good morning and Porsha's in the kitchen so she'll fix you some breakfast. Then when I'm done getting ready we'll go." I said.

"Okay." Skylar said.

Porsha is my mom's nurse, she stays her while Skylar and I are at school.

I went into the bathroom and ran the water in the sink. I was supposed to shave last night but I was too busy making sure my mom was okay. After I shaved I took a shower, then brushed my teeth. Then I had to put on my new uniform, I felt like I was going to church in this thing. After I combed my hair I grabbed my book bag and went into my mom's room. Skylar was sitting on mom's bed watching cartoons.

"Good morning mama. How do I look?" I asked.

"You look good but fix your damn tie." Mama said.

"Yes ma'am." I said as I adjusted my tie.

"You two be good today, listen to your teachers, make some friends, and try not to beat somebody's ass. As you can see I'm in no shape to go anywhere so do me a favor and stay out of trouble." Mama said.

"Yes ma'am." Skylar and I said.

Skylar and I kissed my mom on the cheek and told her we loved her. To be honest leaving the house at anytime scares me, I'm scared that one day I'm gonna come home and mama isn't going to be here.

I grabbed a granola bar from the kitchen and went outside. Skylar and I went next door because we were riding to school with my best friend Lauren. Lauren and I have been friends since we're in preschool, she was my first kiss and I almost lost my virginity to her.

"Hey Y/N you look goofy in your little suit." Lauren said as she walked out side.

"And you look like you should've been in the Hit Me Baby One More Time Video." I said.

"Screw you." Lauren said.

"We already tried that and it didn't happen." I said.

"You guys are weird." Skylar said.

We got in Lauren's car and began the drive to our new school. Washington Prep is the best school the state. It's an elementary, middle, and high school all on the same campus. I like that because I'm the afternoons I just walk across the building to get to Skylar's class. It's kind of like that school in The Blind Side.