thirty seven

Y/N POV

I have a pretty strange feeling about this "job" Marley wants me to do. Usually when Marley wants something done its on the criminal side, I just hope and pray he doesn't want me to do something criminal. Marley texted me the address she wanted me to me her at and I've been driving around for fifteen minutes trying to find it. I had to slow down and carefully look at all the address on the buildings until I found the right one.

I parked my car in front of the abandoned building and got out, I took my phone with me in case things got out of hand. I slowly opened the door and took a step forward into the pitch black room.

"Marley are you here? It's me Y/N." I said.

I got no response.

I took a few steps forward and I felt plastic underneath my timbs. The first thought that ran through my mind was that Marley had killed someone here. On top of that the room smelled like ammonia, so she probably did the job already she just needed me to get rid of the body.

Before I could pull out my phone the lights in the building came on and I screamed like a five year old schoolgirl.

"I really should've recorded that because your reaction was priceless." Marley said.

To my right there was this spiral staircase and Marley was sitting on it laughing at my recent moment of embarrassment.

"Yo you can't be scaring people like that Marley." I said.

"I couldn't resist it Sergio, I'm sorry." Marley said.

"What the hell is this place?" I asked.

Marley got up and walked over to me, "This used to me my father's club. Not Mark but the man who raised me after my mom died." She said.

"What happened to it?" I asked.

"My dad got hustled by these two young dudes and they stole the club right from under him. Unfortunately those gentlemen aren't here with us anymore." Marley said.

"What'd you do to them?" I asked.

"Why are you automatically assuming that I did something to them?" Marley asked.

"You're a crazy bitch that's why. Anyone who does you or your family dirty you want to retaliate against them. So pardon me for making assumptions." I said.

Marley rolled her eyes and sucked her teeth. "They got killed in a plane crash a few years back. Once I found out about their death I bought this club back. It's been sitting here collecting dust and I want to put it to use. I want to do a night club but I don't want to do the same shit I've always been doing. That's where you come in." She explained.

"How do I play a part in this?" I asked.

"I want you to run this nightclub. You've got a good head on your shoulders and I need someone to help take my empire to the next level. You've told me some pretty great ideas and I think it's time we put them to use." Marley said.

"You're not playing with me right now? Like you're being dead ass serious?" I asked.

"No jokes here Sergio. I really want you to do this. I'm gonna cover all the cost to get this place up and running. Just tell me what you need me to do and I will help you. So what do you say?" Marley said.

"I wanna do it." I said.

The thought of owning my own nightclub is so mind blowing. I alway thought I'd be in my thirties when that happened but it's happening before I turn nineteen.