nineteen

Dinah's POV

Something is wrong with Y/N but I don't know what it is. Ever since the Halloween party he's been acting strange. Not only that he looks different too. He's gotten muscular but he always looks tired. I know he's worried about Normani being pregnant and everything but I feel like it's something deeper than that. The dance showcase is two weeks away and our routine is perfect but Y/N isn't focusing.

He's forgetting steps, missing turns, and he almost dropped me. On top of that his posture sucks.

"Y/N is everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm okay." Y/N said.

"You're lying." I said.

"I just have a lot on my mind Dinah. School is stressing me out and working two jobs is no fun, but I have to do it. Plus I'm worrying about Normani and the baby." Y/N said.

I paused the music and said, "You didn't tell me you took another job."

"Yeah I work at the barbershop and I work the night shift at Walmart. I've got a child on the way plus I have to help my mom out around here. So it's just something I had to do." Y/N said.

"Y/N if you needed help you could've come to me, you know I got you." I said.

"I know but I didn't want to worry you with my problems. Besides everything is fine. I get plenty of rest, my grades are good, and my family is taken care of, so everything is alright."

"If was becoming too much you'd tell me right?" I asked.

"Of course I would." Y/N said.

It started raining outside so Y/N and I rushed inside so that we wouldn't get wet. We went into the living room and sat down on the couch. Y/N took out his phone and he was texting Normani. They've been talking a lot lately since Mani found out she was pregnant. I knew this was gonna happen sooner or later.

"Y/N we need to talk." I said.

"About?" He asked.

"Our relationship." I said.

Y/N put his phone down so that I could have his undivided attention.

"I don't think that our relationship is gonna work Y/N." I said.

"Why do you say that?" Y/N asked.

"Things aren't going to stay the same between us. Normani is carrying your baby Y/N. You already have feelings for her and now that a baby is involved those feelings are only gonna get stronger. As much as I'd like for it to work out I know that it won't." I said.

"Dinah just because Normani's having my child doesn't me that things will change between us. You'll be my girlfriend and Normani's will be the mother of my child." Y/N said.

"You say that now Y/N but we both know that it won't work out that way." I said.

"So what you're saying is that we're done?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah. But we can still be friends and I'll still be there for Skylar." I said.

"Whatever Dinah. You said that you wanted a good boyfriend and you have one. I know I'm not perfect and I've made my mistakes but I'm trying to do better but you don't get that. So if you wanna leave, leave, I'm not going to stop you." Y/N said.

"Y/N I'm sorry." I said.

Y/N scoffed, "Whatever, I'm going to bed because I have to work tonight. You can let yourself out." He said.