three

⬆️Your Outfit⬆️

Y/N's POV

When you make plans to sleep in but you have to work. I was really looking forward to catching up on some sleep this weekend but my uncle needed me at the barbershop so I'm here. There's literally nothing for me to do so I'm just chilling in the break room getting caught up on some homework. I like my new school but the teachers really do pile up on the homework and given my circumstances it's a bit of a challenging getting things done sometime. But I'm doing the best I can to keep my grades up.

My mom has been doing really week lately which is a good thing by its also scary. Anytime my mom has these good  spells she gets worse right after that. I try to stay positive but it's hard.

Today my mom wanted Skylar to stay home with her instead of coming with me. My mom said she was feeling good enough to hang with Skylar today. I know those two are having fun right now while I'm here doing homework.

After I finished my homework I got a text from my friend Arin saying he was coming by to get haircut. Other than my uncle, I'm the only person he trust to cut his hair. We have to do things on the low because I'm not a licensed barber yet and I don't want my uncle to get in trouble. So when ever one of my homies need a haircut I go in the back and hook them up.

I took my stuff out of my bag and got set up. Now all I had to do was wait for Arin to shop up.

"Sorry I'm late bro I had to drop my sister off at choir practice." Arin said.

"It's all good. I was just finishing up some homework." I said.

Arin sat down in the chair and I got him prepped for his haircut. "How do you want it this time?" I asked.

The same way you did it last time. The fuckboy hair cut." Arin said.

"Alright I got you." I said.

I grabbed my clippers and went to work. You're probably wondering how I learned how to cut hair, well that's easy, my uncle taught me. When I was younger I literally used to sit and watch him cut people's hair. As got I got older he let me practice on him and I got better over time. Cutting hair is the one thing I'm really good at and I know that's what I want to do after I graduate high school. It's good money and I know that I'll be able to take care of my family.

"How's your moms doing?" Arin asked.

"She's been doing pretty good lately, so I'm happy about that. I just hope and pray it stays that way." I said.

"Me too. But if you need anything just give me the word and my family will be there." Arin said.

"I appreciate it." I said.

I took my brush and cleaned the clippers then resumed cutting Arin's hair.

"So what's the deal with you and Normani?" Arin asked.

"Ain't shit going on with me and Normani. Every time I try to holler at her she shuts me down. So instead of me wasting my time with Normani I've been talking to her best friend." I said.

"She got three best friends bruh so I need you to tell me which one." Arin said.

"Dinah Jane Hansen." I said.

Arin turned around and said, "The thick one?"

"That's the one." I said.

"She is fine as hell." Arin said.

"Yes she is and she invited me over to her house today. But I got feeling of o go over there she's gonna try to seduce me." I said.

"You say it like its a bad thing. I would pay for Dinah to invite me over to her place." Arin said.