forty-five

Normani's POV

"Mama I'm hungry as hell and I want this baby to hurry up and get out of me." I said.

"Baby you can't eat anything right now you have to wait until after the baby is born." Mama said.

"Well after the baby is born can one of y'all go get me some chicken wings?" I asked.

"I will go get you some chicken princess." Dad said.

"Thanks dad." I said.

At two something in the morning my water broke. I keep feeling like I had to use the bathroom and when I got out of the bed it happened. My parents quickly got up and rushed me to the hospital. The contractions are driving me crazy but I can't do much about them yet. My mom and grandma are doing their best to keep me calm but the only person that'll keep me calm is Y/N and he isn't here. I've been texting and calling him but he hasn't responded back yet. I just hope he doesn't let me down or my son down. Arin already told me that he wanted no parts of this so I've moved on from that situation.

The nurse came to see if I had dilated anymore and I was still stuck at 4cm, I have to get to 10 before I can start pushing. I'm nervous as hell, I'm already thinking of all the bad things that could go wrong once I go in the delivery room.

I put in my headphones and listened to some easy listening type of music to calm me down. I closed my eyes and starting thinking about positive things as I rubbed my belly. Every time I found myself totally calm a contraction would hit followed by an even stronger contraction.

"Where's Y/N?" I asked.

"I'm right here babe."

I looked up and Y/N was standing in the door holding a big blue teddy bear with a bow tie. He walked in and gave everyone hug. He sat on the edge of the bed and kissed me on the forehead.

"You thought I wasn't going to make didn't you?" He asked

"Honestly, yeah." I said.

"There was no way that I was going to miss my son's birth." Y/N said.

"Y/N what are you saying?" I asked.

"Earlier today I got a call from Dr. Peyton, the woman that did our DNA testing. She said your file got mixed up with someone else's, Mani the baby is mine." Y/N said.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah I'm dead serious, you're having my baby." Y/N said.

"Praise the Lord. I thought I was gonna be stuck with that other boy forever but we like you Y/N." Mom said.

Y/N smiled and said, "Don't worry Miss Drea your grandson is gonna be well taken care of and so is your daughter." Y/N said.

Y/N looked at me and smiled, "I'm right here okay. We're gonna get through this together okay." He said.

"Okay." I said.

~

"Alright mama it's time to go deliver this baby." The nurse said.

Hearing those words made me nervous as hell. After hours of waiting and dealing with painful contractions it was time to go to the delivery room.

Y/N put on his little delivery outfit and he looked goofy but cute at the same time.

"You ready to do this?" Y/N asked.

"Yeah I think so." I said.

The nurses wheeled my bed out of the room and took me down to the delivery room. They hooked everything up and got prepped for the delivery. "Can you try not to break my hand?" Y/N asked.