thirty three

Y/N POV

It hasn't sunk it yet, I still can't believe that my dad is home. I've been dreaming about this moment ever since I was a little kid and now that it's happened I'm having a hard time processing it. After dad surprised all of us we got a pizza from Mario's and came back to my place. He fell asleep on the couch with Skylar cuddled up to him. Now it's dinner time and I'm doing all the cooking. Yasmine and Skylar are at the store getting stuff so we can make ice cream sundaes. Out of all the things in the world my dad wanted me to make Chinese food. I don't mind though, it's for my dad.

I called mama and invited her over for dinner so she should be arriving at any moment. Yasmine, Skylar and myself  are anxious to see how my dad reacts to seeing my mom. Fingers crossed this dinner goes smoothly.

"So where did you learn how to cook so well Junior?" Dad asked.

"Well mama taught me the basics and I learned the rest from Instagram." I said.

"What's Instagram?" Dad asked.

I snickered, "It's an app where you share pictures and videos dad. It's kinda like Snapchat." I explained.

"What's Snapchat?" Dad asked.

"You seriously don't know what snapchat is?" I asked.

"I'm very serious son, that's why you have to teach me about all this social media stuff." Dad said.

"Don't worry dad I got you." I said.

The orange chicken is done, fried rice is done, and the egg rolls are in the dryer. My dad's welcoming home dinner is coming along just fine. I sat down at the counter with my dad and drank my bottle of water.

"So tell me more about your little girlfriend, Dinah Jane." Dad said.

"She's perfect and I love her very much. She's smart, beautiful, loyal, and she loves Skylar so much. I'm really glad that she gave me a second chance after I messed up." I said.

"What did you do Junior?" Dad asked.

"Shortly after Dinah and I got together I slept with her best friend and now there's a possibility that her friend is pregnant with my baby." I said quickly.

My dad dropped his head and whispered, "Ay dios mio I haven't been home for an entire home and I already want to kill my son. Lord give me strength."

"Dad clam down, take some deep breaths and try not to kill me." I begged.

"Junior you and I have had a few talks over the years and I know somewhere that I told you to use rubbers. Why didn't you use protection Junior?" Dad asked.

"I-I..see...ugh."

"Oh now you can't speak English? Maybe this combat boot up your ass will fix that." Dad said.

"We were caught up in the moment and I didn't think about using protection. But dad there's a strong possibility that baby isn't mine. Normani hooked up with Arin around the time she was with me so there's a possibility he's the father not me." I said.

"Damn your life is turning into an episode of Maury. But whatever happens I'm gonna be there for you son." Dad said.

"Thanks dad." I said.