forty three

*You should really listen to this song while you read Y/N's POV*

Y/N POV

Laying in this hospital bed has given me a lot of time to think about a lot of things. Most of the time I just lay here thinking about Dinah and she played me. I can't be that mad because I did the same to her but learned from my mistake and got myself together. Dinah on the other hand played me and I will never be able to trust her again. As for Marley she can go play in five o'clock New York on Christmas Eve.

The two people I trusted more than anything were the ones to stab me in the back. You just can't trust anyone these days.

I just don't understand it, Dinah's fine me wrong yet I still love her. I talked to Yasmine and she told me that I should get Dinah out of my head and move on with my life. She told me to just focusing on recovering and finishing school. Even though I'm not at school I'm doing the online thing so I can graduate. My doctor says I might be able to walk across the stage at my graduation. Prom, I'm not really concerned about that.

Through all of this I'm glad to have my friends and family around. But I think the friend in the most grateful for is Normani. If she's not calling to check on me, she's at the hospital spending time with me. I could be having the worse day in the world but when Normani comes around everything is cool. Things may have went wrong before but we're doing a lot better now.

Another day in this hospital and I wishing that I was back at my apartment chilling. Marley's been sitting here for the past few hours keeping an eye on me, like I really need that from her.

"Y/N how long are you gonna keep giving me the silent treatment?" Marley asked.

I just turned the tv up even louder and tuned Marley out.

"Y/N please talk to me." She said.

"We have nothing to talk about Marley. You smash my ex and then you have your boys bust up my knee because you thought I was snitching on. There's nothing you can say or do to make me forgive you." I said.

"Y/N, sleeping with Dinah was a big mistake and I'm sorry for that. She came over one night after you guys had a fight, I tried to get her to go back home but she didn't listen. We started talking and one thing lead to another then we had sex." Marley explained.

"What about your boys busting my knee?" I asked.

"I got scared Y/N. When you called me up saying you quit I got scared. You know a lot about me Y/N, one talk with the cops could put me in jail for life and I could risk that. I swear I told my guys to rough you up not bust you up. Y/N I'm sorry, please let me make it up to you." Marley said.

"I don't want a thing from you Marley. At first I thought working for you was the coolest thing in the world but now that this has happened, I'm starting to reevaluate my life. This fast money is gonna send me to jail or to an early grave and I'm not having that. I got nephew who needs me and I refuse to let him down." I said.

"What about your club? I can still make that happen for you. I can get you a mansion, a really nice car, and hook you up with a really nice girl. Anything you've ever wanted I can make it happen." I said.

"Marley I don't want any of your handouts. I'm gonna work hard and become a self made man. It may take me awhile to get there but I'll make it happen. Who know maybe one day you'll come to me asking for a job." I said.

I ever so slowly eased out of bed and got in my wheelchair. My doctor tells me not to stress myself out but being in this room all day is stressing me out. I wheeled out into the hallway and before I could make it down the hall Porsha, my nurse, stopped me.