twenty one

Y/N POV

It's my mother's birthday and I'm really excited about it. Especially after everything that's happened lately I'm glad that I'm able to give her the best ever. While she's peacefully sleeping I snuck all over her presents into her room. Skylar's woken up so now we can get started on breakfast. I can't lie my little sister looks pretty fly in her camp joggers and wife-beater. Skylar's really liking this whole wearing what makes her comfortable thing.

"What are we making mommy for breakfast?" Skylar asked.

"We're making some French toast, some crispy bacon, and some fresh berries." I said.

"Can I do the berries?" Skylar asked.

"Sure get the strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries out of the fridge. Don't forget to wash everything before you put it in the bowl." I said.

Skylar rolled her eyes and said, "I know what to do knucklehead. You keep an eye on the bacon and try not to burn it."

I do have a history of burning bacon so I couldn't get mad at Skylar for reminding me to keep an eye on it. My mom usually likes a cup of coffee so I put on a fresh pot for her. Skylar went into the pantry and got her little step stool so she could reach the sink. I put the bacon onto a baking sheet and put it in the oven. Now all I had to do was keep an eye on that and not burn it. I got the fresh loaf of bread and began cutting it so I could start making the French toast.

Skylar was doing good cutting the strawberries in half, I gave her a butter knife because I don't trust her with sharp objects.

"So princess mommy tells me that you have a father daughter dance coming up at school." I said.

"I'm not going." Skylar said.

"Why not?" I asked.

"I don't have a daddy that's why. All of my friends have their dad's around except me and it sucks. I don't even know my dad Y/N." Skylar said.

I felt bad for Skylar because she really doesn't know our father. He left when Skylar was like a year old and he hasn't been home since.

"I would ask you to take me Y/N but you'd probably say no." Skylar said.

"What makes you think I would say no?" I asked.

Skylar shrugged. "Would you like to go to the dance princess?" I asked.

"Yeah." Skylar said.

"Well I'm taking you princess and we're gonna have the best time. Then I'll take you to your favorite restaurant afterwards." I said.

"Applebee's!" Skylar said excitedly.

"That's right I'm taking you to Applebee's. So don't worry about a thing princess because your big brother's got you." I said.

Skylar hugged me around waist and I leaned down to kiss her on the forehead. I looked in the oven and the bacon was doing fine. Skylar finished putting the berries in a bowl then she wanted to help me with the French toast. Skylar dipped the bread in the mixture while I did the cooking. Once we we're finished cooking Skylar and I took everything into the dining room and set the table.

"What are you two up to now?" Mom asked.

"Happy birthday mama!" Skylar and I said excitedly.