twenty nine

Y/N POV

When the boss lady tells you to come to her house for lunch you don't question it, you just do it. I'm still shaken up about my part in Mark's death but I'm doing the best I can to move past that. Dinah's been questioning me about what happened that night every single chance she gets. I can't tell her because Maggie made me promise not to tell. I haven't gotten on Marley's bad side and I'd like to keep it that way. I was in the bathroom trimming up my beard when Dinah came in and leaned against the wall.

"Yes princess?" I asked.

"Your mom is in the living room and she really wants to see you." Dinah said.

"Dinah I really don't want to talk to her." I said.

"I'm not one to meddle in family business but I think you should have a conversation with her." Dinah said.

"What could she possibly say to make me change how I feel about her?" I asked.

"I don't know but you'll never know until you sit down and talk to her. Please, papi, do it for me." Dinah said.

I finished trimming my beard and put the clippers away. "Ever since you found out I was half Mexican you been using you've been using that papi shit to your advantage." I said.

"Mmhm and wait until you hear how I sound when you have me bent over the dining room table." Dinah said.

"See Dinah shit like this makes me wanna go back to my old ways. You know I'm trying not to be a hoe anymore." I said.

"I see that you're trying but you want be able to last long." Dinah said.

Dinah walked away and she had these short ass maroon coochie cutter shorts on. Ass and thighs were just on full display. I stood behind Dinah and wrapped my arms around her waist, "If you keep on wearing these short shorts we are gonna have some serious problems."

"I thought you liked when I wore the short shorts?" Dinah asked.

"I love it when you wear the booty shorts babe. But the thoughts that come into my mind when I see you in those shots are very unholy. Ally would beat my ass with a bible and drown me in holy water if she knew what I wanted to do to you." I said.

"I see, well if you go in there and talk to your mom, I might give you a sneak peek of the goods later on tonight." Dinah said.

"I'll be back." I said.

I put on my shirt and went into the living room where my mom was. She was sitting on the couch talking to Skylar. I walked in the room and sat down in my recliner. Skylar kissed me on the cheek before going in the room with Dinah. Dinah peeked around the corner and winked at me.

"Hey Y/N."

"Hey mama." I said.

"Your face looks a lot better. Not as swollen as it was before." Mom said.

"It doesn't hurt as much as it did when I first got hurt. Dinah's been taking care of me since everything that happened." I said.

"Dinah's a great girl, you should hold on to her." Mom said.

"Why are you here and what happened to your face?" I asked.

Mom sighed and moved to the end of the couch closest to me. "I'm here because I want to apologize for how I treated you once Mark came in the picture. You told me that he was bad news and I didn't want to listen. Now my family is torn apart and it's all my fault." She said.

"Well he's out of the picture now and that's all that matters. Now why are you were sunglasses on the inside?" I asked.

"Two days before Mark died he came over and we got into an argument. Things got out of control and he hit me." Mom said.