forty two

Dinah's POV

I don't think there are words to describe how I'm feeling about everything right now. I knew Y/N was going to handle Nela but I didn't think Nela would end up dead. A few days after I told Y/N what Nela did to me Nela's body is found in the Hudson River. I know Y/N and Marley had something to do with it but I'm not a snitch so I have nothing to say about the situation.

As for Y/N and I were slowly getting back to a better place. We've even communicating a lot more which is a good thing, considering how bad things had gotten between us. Y/N's a great guy and I don't know what I did to deserve him, considering how messed up I am.

Y/N says he has some big surprise plane for me and I have no clue what to expect from him. He's got me camping out in the bed room while he gets everything together. Mani bear went to the doctor and she found out what she was having, I gonna be the godmother to a cute baby boy. I know Mani wanted to have a little girl but she's glad hat her son is growing into a healthy human being. Even Y/N happy about Normani having a boy, he even wants to play a part in the baby's life. It's stud like this that makes me love Y/N even more.

Y/N came into the room and kissed me on the forehead, "You ready for your surprise?" He asked.

"Yeah I'm ready." I said.

I got up and Y/N stood behind me with his hands over my eyes. As we were walking through the hall I was touching the walls to make sure I wasn't going to walk straight into the wall.

"Okay open your eyes babe." Y/N said.

Y/N rearranged the living room around do he could make a romantics picnic in our living room. There were candles and rose petals all over place. He had A Walk to Remember set up on the tv.

"The original plan was to do this in the park but the weather pulled a fast one on me so I had to improvise." Y/N said.

"It's beautiful Y/N." I said.

"I had the guys from Nona's kitchen deliver some food so I didn't have to leave the house. I got you some lasagna, breadsticks and your favorite desert, tiramisu." Y/N said.

"You're amazing." I said.

"I do my best. Now let's sit down and eat before the food gets cold." Y/N said.

"Cool."

~
Dinner was good and the movie was even better. Y/N couldn't have planned a more romantic evening. But there's something burning inside of that really need to tell him.

"I have one more surprise for you babe." Y/N said.

"Y/N I can't take anymore surprises." I said.

"Trust me you're gonna like this one." Y/N said.

YN sat in front of me and held both of my hands. I could tell he was nervous but I think I was more nervous than he was.

"Dinah you are the most beautiful person I've ever met. We've been through a lot but somehow we always find our way back to each other. You're smart, loyal, and you're my best friend. I don't think I'll ever find someone like you, so that's why I'm taking this next step before someone else steals your heart. I talked to your pops and he's given me his blessing. So pretty much what I'm asking is, Dinah Jane Hansen will you marry me?" Y/N asked.

"Are you serious?" I asked.

Y/N reached in his pocket and pulled out a ring from Tiffany & Co.