fifty nine

Y/N POV

I can't believe it, the big day that everyone has been waiting on. Normani and I are finally gonna get married. It took a whole lot of ups and downs to get here but we made it. So far everything is coming together perfectly, but I'm not gonna count my chickens just yet, I know that something could go wrong at any moment.

I went outside to check with security to make sure that everything was cool. Even though I gave Arin a piece of my mind I have a feeling he might try to show up and start some mess. But with the guys I hired Arin won't even be able to walk in the parking lot without being spotted.

My uncle is doing double duty today he's my best man but he's also the official barber. The guys and I decided to wait until the day of to get our haircuts. I have a few groomsmen so Yasmine's helping my uncle out so this process can go a lot faster.

"How are you feeling nephew?" Marco asked.

"Excited, nervous, anxious, happy, I'm just feeling a whole bunch of emotions right now." I said.

"I hear you, I was feeling the same way when I married your aunt. You and Normani make a great couple." Marco said.

"Thanks unc, I can't wait to see her in dress, I already know I'm gonna cry." I said.

"Crybaby ass." Yasmine mumbled.

"Fuck you Yaz." I said.

We are not in a church just in case you're wondering. We're getting married at this nice ballroom and the reception will be held in the same space.

"Daddy I'm done getting my haircut." Sergio said.

"You look handsome son, go sit in the chair and wait for me to help you put on your tux." I said.

"Yes sir." Sergio said.

I sat in the chair with a notepad in my hand trying to write down my vows. I should've had this done last night but the guys decided to throw me another bachelorette party but it wasn't anything wild or crazy. Since Sergio was upset about not being able to come to the bachelor party we decided to do something kid friendly. We spent a few hours at the arcade then went out for pizza afterwards and had a lot of fun. We also snuck in one final dance rehearsal too, today I find out if I can still dance like I used to before my injury.

I tried to sit down and write my vows but I just couldn't. I decided at the last minute that I was just gonna speak from the heart and tell Normani how I really feel about her.

"You ready to get dressed son?" I asked.

"I did most of it myself but I could use a little help daddy." Sergio said.

"Alright let's see what I can do for you." I said.

Sergio must've been on another planet because he forgot to tuck in his shirt, zip his pants, and he missed a few buttons on his shirt.

"Are you excited about today son?" I asked.

"Mmhm, I can't believe that you and mommy are getting married, that's a pretty big deal." Sergio said.

"It is a big deal son and I'm so glad that you are apart of this special day." I said.

"Me too and we get to dance later on." Sergio said.