eleven

Normani's POV

When a friend is going through it the least you could do is help them out. It's been almost a week since Y/N buried his mother and it's clear to see that he's not his normal self. He hasn't come back to yet and everyone really misses him, I know I do.

My mom baked a whole tray of macaroni and cheese, fried up some chicken, and baked a pound cake for me to take to Y/N's house. My mother and her southern hospitality. He doesn't know that I'm coming by and I hope that my surprise will brighten his day.

When I pulled up to Y/N's house he was fooling around with his dad's car. "Hey Y/N." I said.

"Hi Normani." He said.

Y/N closed the door and all I could see was his perfectly muscles body glistening with sweat. I don't have a bae right now but he's my best friends bae and I really shouldn't be checking him out. But damn, this boy is fine! He's got a bit of a beard now and he's got a man bun, he's got that tough rugged look and I like that.

"What brings you by?" Y/N asked.

"I come bearing gifts. My mom made some food for you guys and she asked me to bring it over." I said.

"That was really nice of her." Y/N said.

Y/N took the towel out of his back pocket and started wiping the sweat off of his body. I wish I was the one wiping him down. He put on his wife-beater and walked over to my car to help me get the food out. We walked into the house and the first thing to grab my attention was the silence. Usually the house isn't this quiet and for some reason it bothered me.

"Where's Skylar?" I asked.

"She's with our aunt for the weekend." Y/N said.

"How have you guys been holding up since the funeral?" I asked.

"I've been doing fine, I have my moments where it hits me and I cry about it. But I have to stay strong for Skylar. She's the one suffering the most, all she does is lay in her bed all day. The only times she comes out of her room is when she wants to eat or she wants hang out with me. Then there are those moments when all she does is cry and ask for mom." Y/N said.

"That's so sad. You know if you guys need anything I'm only a phone call away." I said.

"Thanks. Do you have any plans for the day?" Y/N asked.

"Later on I have to go pick up my new MacBook but other than that I'm free. Do you have any plans?" I asked.

"I'll probably go for a drive later on and that's about it." Y/N said.

Y/N excused himself to go get cleaned up while I played around in my phone. Once again Arin was blowing up my phone trying to get my attention. After our first date disaster I want nothing to do with him. Then I got a text from Dinah.

QueenBey'sDaughter🐝: I swear I'm about to drop kick one of my siblings 😒😠

Me: Lol they can't be that bad Dinah

QueenBey'sDaughter🐝: Really Mani? My brothers and sisters make Chucky look like a saint. If Regina gets smart with me one more time I'm choking her little ass out

Me: Don't hurt the baby Dinah lol

QueenBey'sDaughter🐝: Anyway, what are you up to?

I wasn't going to lie to my best friend so I told her the truth.

Me: I'm at Y/N's house, my mom made him some food so I brought to him