forty four

Y/N POV

Today is the big day, I'm graduating high school. It's been a long journey but I'm finally here.

I spent the night at my parents house because I wanted to be around my family. We had a nice family dinner and looked through some old family photos, just reliving some of those old memories. Of course my mom got emotional because her baby boy is a baby anymore.

My knee bothered me all last night and it had me worried. All I want to do is walk across the stage to get my diploma, that's it. I took some of my pain meds to ease the pain and hopefully they work. My parents got up early this morning and made me a really nice big breakfast. After breakfast I took a few minutes to go over my salutatorian speech. That's right this guy is salutatorian of his class, I would've been valedictorian of Lauren wasn't so damn smart.

I was partially dressed when I realized that I needed to shave a little bit. I took off my button down and went into the bathroom shaved the stubble off my face.

I went back into my room and put on my button down again. I tucked in shirt and picked my neck tie off the bed. My dad came in my so he could help me tie my neck tie.

"You nervous?" Dad asked.

"A little bit. I don't want to screw up when I do my speech." I said.

"You'll be fine son, I know you will. I can't believe that I get to see you graduate." Dad said.

"I didn't think you would be here but I'm glad that you are dad." I said.

My dad finished tying my tie and fixed the collar on my shirt. I put on my cap, gown, and all of the medals and ribbons I had received. I grabbed my copy of my speech and downstairs. When I walked outside my family along with Lauren's family were standing on the lawn.

"I'm not gonna cry. I'm not gonna do it." Mom said.

"Go ahead and cry mama get it out of your system." I said

I shouldn't have told her to do that because she cried her eyes out. Once she calmed down we took plenty of pictures. Lauren and I took some pretty nice pictures together. We even updated our old cap and gown picture from when we were graduating kindergarten.

"Look at how little we were Y/N." Lauren said.

"I know right, we are definitely not the same kids we were in that picture." I said.

"Yeah but we've remained friends all these years. I love you Y/N." Lauren said.

"I love you too Lauren, now let's go graduate." I said.

~

"Class of 2017, we finally made it. All of the homework, essays, projects, and after school homework sessions have brought us to this day. A lot of us have went through a lot of struggles to get to this day, I know I have. But did we let those struggles get the best of us, no, we overcame those struggles, and it made us better people. As we embark on this journey in our lives I hope that it's filled with great experiences, awesome adventures, and plenty of love. Let us not forget the lessons learned while we were, let's take the advice that was given to us and use it to make this world a better place, let's be real the world could use some goodness right now. So to all of the teachers, staff members, coaches, and administrators here at Washington Preparatory Academy we thank you for all that you've done for us. To all of our friends and families, thank you for your unconditional love and support, without it we wouldn't be here today. To the Class of 2017, we did it."

I made it through my speech without screwing up, mission accomplished. I sat back down in my chair. Some former graduate got up as gave the most boring speech I ever heard in my life. I spotted Normani out in the crowd and she looked so beautiful in her gown. After we spend time with our families Normani and I are going to hang out in the park.

Parents please hold your applause until all graduates receive their diplomas.

Like that's really gonna happen.

I stood patiently in line and waited for my name to get called. Of course my knee picked a fine time to start hurting. All I needed was enough time to get across the stage and get my diploma.

When Dinah's name got called her family went crazy. You could hear Milika screaming louder than anyone else. It was getting closer for my name to get called and got nervous, I wasn't worried about my knee I was worried about my family embarrassing me. I had both sides of my family there and they are like night and day. My dad's side of the family is chill but they turn up when necessary. But it's my mama's side of the family that causes the trouble, loud and rather everywhere they go.

Y/N Sergio Y/L/N Jr.

As I walked across the stage to receive my diploma from Mrs. Greenleaf with her fine self, my family just cut loose.

"That's my baby!"

"I see you Junior Mint!"

"That's my big brother!"

"Go son!"

I made it across the stage without falling flat on my face. I took my seat and waited for the rest of the diplomas to be handed out.

Mrs Greenleaf got up and said, "Will all of our graduates please rise."

"You're almost there people, at this time would you move your tassels to the other side." She said.

We moved our tassels to the other side and it was starting to feel like a graduation.

"Ladies and gentlemen I present you the graduated class of 2017!"

We tossed out caps in the air and it was official, no more high school.

(A/N)

Sorry if this chapter was lame

Thanks for reading, tell me what you think ☺️