Chapter 10: coffee shop

You were at work finishing getting your uniform on and then you went to your station and started making your specialty!

"Afternoon malady." Nathan greeted you as he walked in and then bowed exaggeratingly.

"Good afternoon dear sir!" You responded with a curtsy and a slight blush. You both laughed before going back to 'normal'.

"So what's on the menu today?" He asked eyeing what you were baking.

"Something delicious for the customers." You slapped his hand away from the cookie dough. He looked hurt then stuck out his tongue in a playful manner and walked out of the room with a humph!

"Oh, and by the way, we've got a bunch of newbies coming in today." He poked his head through the door.

"What!?" But he left quickly so he wouldn't feel your wrath.

Newbies=training

Training=more work

More work=......more work T-T

Oh well.

You thought.

Just have to get it done no matter what.

~

"I'm DONE." You said completely exhausted.

"You said it," Nathan said taking a seat next to you in the break room. Your shoulders barely touched each other but it still made you a bit flustered to be so close to him.

"I hate it when newbies come in~" You complained with a sigh.

"Me too. Considering the fact that we're the only ones who know how everything works around here since we've worked here longer." Nathan said before taking a drink from his water bottle.

"Want some?" He offered. You nodded a yes and took a sip.

"And you know what? I think our boss takes advantage of that to bring more people in." You put the cap back on the bottle and said thank you.

"Well, that's fine with me as long as you don't go." Nathan said while not making any eye contact whatsoever with you.

You were actually pretty glad he said that and you were about to say something but,

"Um, sorry to intrude." One of the newbies came in. "Someone is looking for you Y/n."

Right, since they're new, they call me by my name.

"For me?" You asked confused.

"Yeah, it's a woman and two other guys, one has really white ha-" He didn't even get to finish his sentence because you already knew who it was and ran out.

Damn it they're early!

Once you were getting close to their table, you slowed down and calmly made your way to them.

"Hey, guys!" You greeted.

"Y/n!" Zen was the first to speak up.

"So this is Y/n?" Said Yoosung. "She's prettier than I thought!" He added with a smile. You blushed slightly.

"T-Thank you."

"It's nice to see you again Y/n." Jaehee greeted formally.

"It's nice to see you too." You smiled at her politely.

"Hey M-" Nathan began.

"M&M's? I'd love some!" You said quickly before Nathan said your nickname.