Chapter 12: News

It had gotten really late once you got home.

Just as always, you tossed your things on the couch and headed for your room, only to flop down on it.

You feel your phone vibrate at your side and you take it out to see a notification from Wattpad, a message, and a missed call from

V?

Pressing the redial button, you hold the phone to your ear and wait.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey V, it's MC." You greeted a bit awkwardly.

"Oh! Hey, how have you been?"

"I've been doing fine. Um, I got a missed call from you in the afternoon so...." You urged him to continue.

"Right! Yes, I called you because I got word of the exhibition where the pictures will be shown. Although they told me this a bit late. It's tomorrow from 5pm-9pm. Do you think you could make it?" You started thinking about what you had to do tomorrow.

"Damn, I have to work tomorrow." You sighed in frustration.

"I see, it's alright-"

"B-But I work from 3:30 pm to 7:30 pm. I can be there around 8 and stay for the last hour at least." You interrupted a little nervously.

"Yeah! That's fine, as long as you get to see a part of the exposition." You cracked a small smile hearing him so elated.

"S-Sorry." Was all you could think about responding.

"Why are you apologizing?" He asked confused.

"Force of habit I guess? I feel kinda bad I can't be there earlier. You worked so hard and..." You trailed off.

"It's alright MC, really, it's no problem. I'm excited to see you there tomorrow." His words were calm and tranquil, very much like him.

"Yeah, me too! And- Beeeeep Beeeep. Oh, I have another call coming in." You looked at the caller ID. It was your best friend Bf/n.

"Oh, you shouldn't keep them waiting. I'll talk to you later." He sounded a bit saddened since he couldn't keep talking to you but either way, he didn't want to intrude in your personal life.

"Sure! Bye V, and have a good night."

"Yeah...Good night."

Beep!

"Hello?" Spoke Bf/n.

"Hey! What's up?" You asked casually.

"Nothing much, just chilling. Did you get my text?" You raised an eyebrow.

"Huh? I'm not sure. Hold on a sec." You exited the call and looked through your messages.

Oh.....shit.

You thought to yourself because you forgot to check before.

"Yeah, I just saw it. Sorry I didn't read it before! I had gone out and must not have heard my phone.." You mentally slapped yourself.

"That's alright, so what do you say?? Movie night at my house tomorrow??" The excitement was evident in her voice which made you feel even worse.

"I'm really really really sorry bf/n. I had already made plans for tomorrow.." You said while playing with the tip of your throw pillow.

"Oh, it's fine. I understand, really, let's just plan another day to hang out okay?" You could hear somewhat of an unhappy tone in her voice.

"Sure! We're still up for going to that new restaurant at 9:00 pm right?" You said trying to lighten the mood.