Chapter 13: Get ready!

"You okay?" Asked Nathan.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be?" You looked at him confused.

"Well for starters that's not sugar, that's salt. And a while back I saw you putting the eggshells in the batter and the actual eggs in the trash." He said with his arms crossed at his chest.

"What?!" You threw away the mix you were making and went to take out the egg shells from the batter. "Damn it.." You cursed under your breath.

"What's wrong...Y/n?" It was a bit weird hearing him call you by your name. That's gonna need some getting used to.

"I'm just kinda nervous." You didn't make eye contact as you made a new mixture.

"Nervous? About what? Accidentally baking your phone? Cause with the way things are going...." He trailed off with a chuckle. You looked at him with a pout and playfully punch his arm.

"No." You couldn't help but crack a smile. "I'm going to this exposition with a friend after work and I have no idea how to act, cause I'm guessing they're going to be important people and everyone's going to be formal and I don't know what to wear....." 

Damn you past me!!!

You felt Nathan pace a hand on your shoulder. "That's it?" It looked like he was trying to hold back his laughter. Now you pouted angrily at him.

"Yeah, so what?" You turned away from him with a humph!

"You're over thinking this Y/n. All you've got to do is find something kinda fancy to wear and be yourself!" He encouraged you with a wink.

"Easy for you to say, I'm not that good with fashion so...." You trailed off trying to think of a solution. 

"Sorry, but I can't help you there." You thought about it for a while. "Hey, I think they're calling me, good luck with exposition thing. I know you'll be great." You smiled at him, thankful for his kindness.

Bf/n would probably be just as bad a choosing an outfit for me but I think I know who might help me...

~

You quickly got home, took out your cell phone.

The phone rang for a while...

"The number you are trying to reach is not available at the moment, please leave a message aft-beep." You sighed.

Damn it Seven.

You looked through your contacts to think of anyone else to help you but then remember you also have the phone number app.

Please pick up...

Your phone rang a few times before they finally answered.

"Hello?"

"Zen! Please tell me your good with fashion?" You waited for a response. Zen was caught off guard with your sudden question.

"I guess I'm kinda good at it why?"

"I'm going to a.....formal reunion! And I've got no idea what to wear." You made up on the spot. 

Cant having them know I'm meeting V.

"Oh, well........yeah I know I'll be there in a minute! Sorry but I just got off my break and I have to go practice." He said awkwardly.

"Oh! It's okay, I understand! Sorry I bothered you." You were about to say goodbye but Zen spoke up again.

"But I know someone who knows about fashion, a friend of mine, I'll give them a call and explain what's going on, I'll give them your number so you guys can talk. It's was nice talking to you and good luck Y/n!"