Chapter 18: Discussion

"Hello? MC? Where the hell are you?! I've been waiting for over half an hour!" You instantly recognized the voice.

"Huh?? Bf/n? What are you talking about?" You asked baffled.

"I'm here at the restaurant!" Your heart sank when you realized what was going on. You looked to your phone.

Saturday 9:47pm

It was today.

The day you were supposed to meet up with bf/n.

"Oh my god...bf/n I'm so sorry-"

"What do you mean you're sorry? What's going on MC?" You were about to answer but someone had opened up the bowling place doors, letting all the noise and music blast out.

"MC? Are you...Are you at a party or something?!" You could hear her anger starting to build up along with the volume of her voice.

"N-No! I'm just, I just...forgot about today and I'm....I'm here with some friends.."

"What?? I know you tend to forget things Y/n but come on...." You knew she was disappointed since she used your name instead of MC.

"I-I'll make it up to you! We can go out this Friday! And we'll-"

"No Y/n. Look just forget about it." Your blood ran cold and a knot was starting to form in your throat.

"I'm sorry, I just.." You tried to look for the right words to say but couldn't come up with anything.

"You what? You know what, lately you've been hanging out with these 'friends' of yours a lot and pretty much cast me aside. What, they caught your interest and now you'll just forget about me?"

"What?! No! Of course not!" You said desperately trying to make things better.

"Then what's going on Y/n is there something you're not telling me?" You stayed silent before answering.

"N-No. Of course not."

"Your lying." Tears started stinging your eyes. "I've known you for 5 years Y/n. Don't try to lie to me." She sighed. "Look just forget about it, I'm done. Call me when you get your things together." Afterwards, you heard the beeping meaning the call had ended.

You locked your phone and put it away. You stood there a while not knowing what to do because of the situation.

"Um... Y/n?" Nathan spoke up making you jump slightly. You forgot he was there and turned to look at him.

"She hates me.." You managed to say.

"What happened?" He asked gently while taking a step closer to you.

"It was bf/n. I forgot we were supposed to hang out today and this isn't the first time I forgot....I've been ignoring her and now she probably hates me." You let your tears fall and hopelessly tried to wipe them away but to no avail.

"I...I didn't mean to do it a-and.." you said between sobs. Nathan closed the gap between you two and hugged you.

"Shh...It's okay Y/n, it's not your fault." He cooed while caressing your head in a soothing manner.