Chapter 2

"Please marry our son"

It took me a while to process what Mr. Kim said. "Excuse me, what?"

"which son?" I asked.

Mr. Kim sighed before he answered "Jin"

My eyebrows raised. "Okay...please stop with this prank already" I chuckled nervously. "What's with this all of a sudden? Marriage? Me and Jin?"

"It's not a prank Jung Hee" Dad said "We are serious here. Please hear his parents out"

Me? marrying my doctor? What in the world is happening right now?

"I'm sorry for this, " Mrs. Kim asked "You see, we only want what's best for Jin. We figured that you would be the perfect partner for him. We are not expecting you guys to create your own family, but we just don't want girls to cling onto him. You know he came from a wealthy family and he became such a successful professional that he caught a lot of attention from people that are up to no good. Our rival companies are starting to send their daughters in order to get Jin's attention to get back on us for being one of the most successful companies in Seoul"

"If the news gets out that he is married, I'm sure that these people would not interfere with his life anymore. This competition has nothing to do with the both of you, I know. But we want him to be safe"

"And how about mine? What if these businessmen, women, or whatever wants to bring harm to my family and I?" I replied.

"Don't worry. We will make sure that it doesn't happen. Please trust us" Mr. Kim said.

"I told you guys to not interfere with my life anymore. I am a grown man, I have my own house, my own car, my own clinic, and my own money. I know when to distance my self with people. Junghee doesn't have to do this. It's our family's problem, not theirs"

"Jin, my parents work in your parents' company too" I said "I'll agree with the marriage if you agree with it. We both got a say in this"

He sighed and looked at me, clearly thinking about the situation we're in "Alright. We'll do it"

His parents sighed in relief. "Thank you so much"

"But-" Mom said "Are you alright with it, Junghee? If it's too much, you can disagree with it"

"No, mom. I'm sure of it. Besides, it's not like Jin is a stranger. We've known them for a while now and to think that they took you in when we had no where else to go makes me want to repay the things they did for us" I whispered

"Honey, we're already working for them. It's enough to-"

"Mom, I got this. It's the only thing I can do to give back to them" I assured her "Please let me make this decision for my own"

"So uh, I guess it's settled then" I said "When will it be?"

"As soon as possible" Mr. Kim replied "I'm thinking next month"

"What?" I asked "Aren't weddings supposed to be...Y'know, planned?"

"Don't worry, hunny. We have a lot of connections. It's gonna be easy" Mrs. Kim replied "Well, if it's settled, I'll talk to your parents at work tomorrow so we can discuss a few more things about the wedding"

"We have to go now. A scheduled meeting at 6" Mr. Kim said before they stood up. "Jin, are you staying?"

"Uh no. I'll be on my way too" He replied

"Take care Mr. and Mrs. Kim" My mom smiled at them before they escorted them outside.

I sighed and hugged my knees close to my chest "What just happened?"