Chapter 8

"Do you wanna go back home?" He asked as his eyes were fixated on the road.

"It's too early don'tcha think?" I said as I slurped the last boba on my milktea. 

"Yeah, let's go to the amusement park" He said "You alright with that?"

"Ofcourse!" I replied "I haven't been there for a while. I usually don't have time to go"

"Well then, the amusement park we go"

"Wait, don't you have patients to take care of?" I asked 

"Two of my patients got discharged yesterday and I think I can have the day off from the clinic today"

"What if-"

"Junghee, you do know I'm not the only pulmonologist in Seoul, right?" He said "having a day off wouldn't hurt" 

***

"I bet you're scared right now" he said as we waited for the roller coaster to run. 

"I remember you saying you weren't afraid of rides a while ago" I laughed "what happened now?" 

"I know you're scared too" He teased and stuck his tongue out. 

"well atleast I'm not afraid to  admit IIIIIIIITTTT" 

I screamed as the ride suddenly moved fast. My guts felt like they were spinning as the cart dropped from a high point. But the thing I laughed the most about is the fact that he was screaming louder than me. Goodness gracious Dr.Kim- 

"I'm dying Junghee...im gonna die...." He said just before the cart dropped again.  I laughed at him and continued on enjoying the ride while he was screaming his ass off. 

------------

"FUN?! I THINK I LEFT MY LUNG UP THERE WOW" He panted and placed a hand on his chest "Haven't screamed like that for years. I don't even know why you made me ride that thing"

"Hey, you were the one who suggested it! How is it my fault?" I asked and crossed my arms "Don't tell me you're gonna chicken out already?" 

"Chicken? Who?" He looked at me and placed his hands on his hips and leaned all his weight on his right leg. "Speaking of Chicken, I'm hungry again. I think I found chicken pops here somewhere, c'mon"

"We'll have two chicken pops and two large fries please" Jin told the vendor before answering a phone call.  As we were waiting for our food, my eyes started to wonder around the place, then as I looked over to my right, I saw Amy and Tae. 

I swiftly hid behind Jin, gripping on his shirt to let him cover me as if Amy and Tae don't know him. The chances of me getting seen is a bit low, but not zero. 

"what's wrong?" Jin looked down at me and asked as he placed his phone back in his pocket. 

"What?- no nothing's wrong..."

"Yah Taehyung-ah wait up!" I heard Amy's voice going towards us. I tugged on Jin's shirt again and peeked my head a bit just enough to see my best friends. As the guy gave us our orders, I immediately walked away and sighed as they were completely out of sight.

I looked at Jin who was completely clueless of what was going on. 

"Amy and Taehyung are here..." I said "If they'll see us, Amy will come up with those crazy conclusions of hers" 

"what conclusions?" he asked while stuffing his face with fries. I blinked and realized I was not supposed to say that. 

"tell me" he said "What conclusions?"  

"no- it's nothing, really. I think you misheard me. I said- " 

"tell" he said "I know you said conclusions. I got ears" 

"it's nothing important" I chuckled, trying to rub it off. 

"no, it is...tell me" he chuckled back "You caught my attention. Is it about me being an alien or something?" 

"Junghee?" my body tensed up as I knew whose voice that was.  

"Hi...Amy" I smiled as I looked at her "Hi Tae" I waved at Taehyung who was just right behind her. 

"You guys are here too?" I asked "I thought you were finishing assignments?" 

"Got bored of it. I can finish it later" She replied "What are YOU doing here? I was calling you but you weren't picking up, so we went without you" 

"I- I was just-" I stuttered. Her eyes shifted to Jin who was behind, then back to me.

"oh...I see" she grinned and whispered "A date" 

"No it's not what you think" I said "We're just-" 

"yeah...right" She chuckled "Welp, we'll get going now...bye Junghee, bye Dr.Kim!" 

"yeah...bye" I sighed and waved. 

Great.