Chapter 16

"I told you to NOT drink" Jin said as he placed his palm on my forehead. "You're all hot and pale"

I sighed and coughed. "Look who's talking. You were passed out drunk last night and even almost told my friends we're getting married"

"You're right" He replied "Should've drank a lot less than that. Sorry for that" He smacked my forehead lightly and placed a cold towel on it.

"What was that for?" 

"You know you have a weak immune system" he said "why'd you drink that much?"

I looked at the white cold towel on my forehead through my eyelashes and looked back at Jin.

"Even any kind of smoke is bad for you. Look, your sinusitis got triggered and you're coughing now because of the smoke from last night"

"Well sorry, I just want to have fun. No need to scold me" I replied 

"Well sorry if I'm concerned of you being sick. You didn't even visit me yesterday for your checkup"

"I forgot"

"Why?" He asked "What important matter did you attend to forget?" 

"Well, I didn't forget you actually" I said before grabbing a napkin from the tissue box and plugged them in my nostrils to stop my runny nose. 

"No, I meant the checkup" He replied 

"there" I pointed to my bedside table "Take a look inside. If you don't want it, I'll wear it" 

I bought him a black pearl bracelet yesterday. I don't know why but I just thought of him when I saw it. 

He stood up and opened the bag. "An early Christmas present" I said

He pulled the bracelet out of the box and wore it.

"Is it okay? Do you like it?" I asked

"Ofcourse, thank you" he said

"I saw it yesterday and I thought about you so I bought it" I chuckled "The lady told me that it's only sold in pairs. So I wore the other one"

He blinked and smiled "You bought a couple's bracelet?" 

"No" I denied "It can only be bought in pairs but that doesn't mean it's a couple bracelet"  

"Junghee, mine's black and yours is white but they're both designed to be a couple's bracelet"

"But it's not though" I said "I don't think it is"

"Yeah, sure. Whatever you say miss Junghee" 

As I felt another cough coming ,I propped myself up and coughed non stop. The next thing I knew is it was getting harder for me to breathe. 

----------

I woke up in a hospital bed with Jin on my side.

"Are you feeling better?" He was wearing his white coat with his stethoscope on his neck.

"I still feel like shit" I replied "What happened?" 

"You'll feel better" He said. While he was talking to my parents, I noticed that I was wearing a nebulizer mask and there was a slight pain on my chest.

"Your asthma got triggered again" 

"You feel pain on your chest?" He asks

I nodded in response.

"Don't worry, it'll be gone soon. The nebulizer and the medicines will do their work"

Just then, I saw mom and the rest of the family walk in with surgical masks on.

"Sis? Are you feeling alright?" Taeyong asked 

I nodded and looked at my mom and dad.

"What happened?" Mom asked Jin

"Her asthma got triggered after inhaling smoke and consuming alcohol. She can drink, but not more than a glass " Jin explained "she passed out two hours ago after a non stop cough and was burning up. Her pulse was slowing down but I rushed her here as fast as possible"

"Thank you so much" Dad said and placed his hand on Jin's shoulder.