Chapter 29

"By the way what's your surprise for me?" I asked as we were at the door of our bedroom.

"Look inside"

As we both walked in, there was a paper gift bag on the bed. I walked towards it and excitedly pulled the gift out. It was a stuffed llama with a little pink bow tie on its neck.

"Genie!" I said as I realized it was my childhood plushy. "I thought mom and dad threw him after they couldn't fix it" 

"Well, they happen to keep it in the attic for awhile. So I decided to sew him back up"

"You fixed him?" I asked 

He nodded "I thought you might want it back" 

"thank you!" I ran up to him and hugged him tight. 

Genie was my first gift from Jin. I named it Genie 'cause he looked like Jin. Ever since I was in Jin's care, I always bring Genie with me to calm me down. I'd cry if Genie isn't with me.

"He still looks like you, Jin" I chuckled as I climbed onto the bed. 

"Well, that only means he's handsome" Jin replied as he laid his head on the pillows. 

"Did you like my surprise?" He chuckled "I know it's not much, I just thought you might like to have him again"

"What are you talking about? I love it" I turned to look at him.

He smiled "c'mere" he held his arms open, wanting a hug. I hugged him and snuggled up to his chest. 

"Thank you so much" I uttered as I looked up to kiss his cheek.

---------

I woke up to the sound of the alarm clock, except...it wasn't a clock this time.

It was Jin, calling my name. 

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my body.

As I opened my eyes, I saw Jin's face...his really handsome face. 

"Good morning" he greeted 

"Good morning Jinnie" 

"What do you want for breakfast today?" He asks 

"I don't know...Just cereal and orange juice, maybe" 

"You need energy...So I don't think cereal's gonna be enough for you" he pouted his lips as he was thinking. "What about fried rice and soup?" 

"I think...yeah" He replied to himself. "I'll be cooking downstairs okay? Get ready for school" 

He kissed my forehead before he went outside the bedroom. I got out of bed and continued on with my daily routine. 

After moments of preparing, all I had to do was to put on my necktie, and I'm all done. I walked out the bedroom and was greeted by a mouth watering smell from the kitchen. It must be Jin's cooking. 

I walked towards the kitchen and immediately noticed a bowl of fried rice and a glass of orange juice. 

"here's the soup" Jin said as he placed a bowl of soup infront of me. "Eat up JungHee" 

I nodded, sat down together with him and we both gobbled up our food. 

As we were finished, I sat on the couch and scrolled through twitter while I waited for Jin to get ready so he can drive me to school. He doesn't have to, but he insisted. 

Minutes after, he came down from the stairs and wore his glasses. 

"What are you staring at?" he asked 

"You look good with glasses" I said 

"I do?" he replied "do you like them?"

"Ofcourse I do" I smiled at him "let's go"

TIME SKIP

As classes were done, my phone vibrated and a messaged from Jin popped up.

'I'm outside' 

"Hey JungHee, where are you going?" Amy asks 

"Uhm...Dr. Kim's outside" I told her 

"ooooooooohhhhhh" she grinned "is this another date JungHee?" 

"No, I just have to.....get new meds" I replied 

"Hmmmmm? alrighty then! Take care JungHee!" She said as she hugged me.

"Bye Taehyung!" I ran over to tae and hugged him 

"Take care!" He smiled before I waved goodbye to my bestfriends. 

I walked outside the gate and immediately saw Jin's car. I opened the front seat and hopped inside. 

"Hi!" I said as I hugged him 

"how's school?" Jin asked as he pinched my cheek 

"Nothing special" I chuckled "So, where are we going?" 

"To go visit my dad" He replied "I want you to come with me" 

I nodded and caressed his arm as he stepped on the gas. 

-------

"dad? JungHee's here" Jin said as I sat down on a chair beside his dad's bed. Jin placed a hand on my shoulder and started scratching it gently. 

"I hope you get well soon Mr. Kim" I said 

Just then, the heart monitor went crazy. It was beeping and Mr. Kim was shaking. 

"Nurse!" Jin exclaimed as I stood up from panic. "Nurse!" 

Soon after, a doctor and three other nurses went inside the room. Jin and I went to the corner of the room, together with his mom. Hoping that Mr. Kim is going to be alright. 

"His heart isn't beating" The doctor said before they used a defibrillator on Mr. Kim. 

"Clear!" He said and looked at his watch before saying another. 

Soon after, the heart rate monitor was back to normal. 

The doctor sighed in relief. "Mrs. Kim, Dr. Kim? may I talk to you for a second?"

Jin and I were still shocked about what happened. It was unexpected. I hugged him tight and caressed his hair. "He's alright now" 

My hands won't stop shaking as I tried to calm down. My breath was unsteady, and my palms started to sweat so much.

As we went out of the room, the doctor talked to Jin and Mrs. Kim. Jin rubbed his mom's back as she was wiping the tears on her face. 

"The medications aren't working"  I don't mean to eavesdrop, but this is the only clear thing I heard from the doctor that Jin and Mrs. Kim were talking to. 

"I hope he's going to be alright, Mrs. Kim" I said 

"I hope so too and please, just call me mom" She smiled while her eyes were clearly so sad and tired.I chuckled softly before I nodded. She gave me a hug before Jin spoke. 

"We'll be going now, so I can let JungHee rest. Is it okay?" 

"Ofcourse it's alright" his mom said as he hugged her one last time."The both of you take care, alright?" 

"we'll visit often, call me when you need me,okay?"Jin said 

His mom gave us both a kiss on the cheek before we walked through the hallway and to the parking lot.