Chapter 58

Sigh, what could it be Seokjin?  

I sat beside him and placed a cold cloth on his forehead to make his temperature go down even just a little. 

"Why did you have to drink so much?" I uttered as if he'd talk back. "why are you being like this so suddenly? Does it have to do with-"

He mumbled something...

"I'm sorry I couldn't save her" 

I froze, save...who? 

Could it be...Jeonghee?

I was shocked, I didn't know how to react. It's so sudden. We only met once  but it pains me to hear that she...might've passed away. 

"Is it about...Jeonghee?" 

"no...there was another patient, the dad kept begging me to save his daughter...I did everything I could but I just couldn't save her" 

Jin cried, it's clear that he's in so much pain that his voice started cracking and he was trying to cover up his whimpers. 

"I'm a failure" He cried. 

"No, Jin" I replied "Don't be so hard on yourself. It happens, not everything will go your way. If you couldn't save her then it meant that the heavens already wanted her to rest. Please don't bring yourself down Jin, you tried and you did the best that you could. You're a hardworking man and I'm proud of you for doing the best in everything. Please don't say you're a failure, never say that ever"

"And if things fail, I'm always here for you no matter what. You can always try again and I'll be here to support you in everything, you're not alone ya know. We promised remember? for better or for worse" 

He nodded as he sat up. 

"Thank you for always being here" He hugged me tight and placed his head on my chest. 

"I'll be with you forever" I said as I kissed the top of his head. 

"You promise?" He sniffled 

"Ofcourse, I promise" I replied "Now, can you take a shower? you reek of alcohol" 

He chuckled as he wiped the tears off his face. "Sorry, I'll brush my teeth too"

"Hey" I called to him as he stood up "I love you"

"I love you too" He smiled softly "and uhm...I'm sorry for yelling at you. I just didn't know what to do and I was in a really bad mood. I'm really sorry, I should've-"

"Alright alright, it's okay" I replied "I understand Jinnie, you didn't mean to do that. It's okay"

"Can you walk?" I asked "You were so drunk, Namjoon drove you home"

"Ah, yeah. I'm kinda sober now,I think I can walk on my own" He replied and started to walk slowly. Then, he stopped and he was swaying a little.

"Dummy" I chuckled as I stood up and placed his arm on my shoulder "I'll take you to the shower"

"So you're gonna be-"

"No, I'm not showering with you" I replied 

"why not?" He asked 

"Because, I'm done showering and I really need to study for the final exams" I replied "I'll prepare a bath for you. Sit right there for a sec"

He pouted as he sat on the sink. "My head hurts" 

I turned the faucet on hot and cold so that the temperature of the water isn't too hot or too cold. Last time he was in here, he passed out from too much heat. 

"Your bath's ready, c'mon" I said as he stood up and took his shirt off. "I'm gonna go get a glass of water alright? Get in the tub" 

As I was about to walk out, he grabbed my arm. I turned to look at him, and our lips suddenly met, placing his hand on my cheek as he kissed me. 

"okay, you can go now" He said. I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

"Would you like tea? or just water?" 

"oh, tea sounds good" He said as he took his pants off "thanks, JungHee"

"O-oh, uh yeah. I'll be back" I said as I immediately went out of the bathroom. This ain't the first time but why am I blushing so much? 

Damn it JungHee. 

I went downstairs and turned the electric kettle on. Then, I sat on the couch while waiting for it to boil. As I sat down, I noticed something on the floor. 

It's a wallet. I don't know if it's Jin's or Namjoon's. So I picked it up and opened it, maybe there's a pic, a name or whatever inside. Then there it is, a picture of Jin and I. I think this is when I was still in junior year, we looked so happy here, it's like I don't have a single problem during those times. 

A while later, I went back to the kitchen to make Jin's tea. We have a lot of tea here, and they were all from my brother Taeyong. 

--------

"Jin?" I said as I placed the mug of tea on the bedside table. "Your tea's here" 

I still gotta study. But I'm getting sleepy now...Should I sleep? or should I continue studying? Either way, I just sat on my desk and stared at my notes that were scattered.

"you good?" 

I flinched as Jin suddenly spoke. 

"Yeah, I was just debating whether I should study or go to sleep..."

"You should go to sleep, you can always study early in the morning or at school" He said as he placed his hands on my shoulders and kissed my cheek "sleep's important too JungHee"

"But I still got quizzes tomorrow and the final exams are coming. I don't think my brain can take it anymore" I sighed as I placed my elbows on the desk and rested my head on my palms. "I'm so tired..."

Then, I felt something trickling down my nose. But I don't have a cold though?

"Jin, can you get me a napkin please?" I said "I think I got a runny nose"

"Here" He said as he handed me a napkin.

"Thanks Jinnie, it's annoying when you get a runny nose out of nowhere" I said as I took it.

"Y-yah!" I jumped as Jin suddenly exclaimed "Your nose is bleeding!"

"W-what??" I said as I started to panic. 

"I- W-wipe it! Wipe it!" He said as he started handing me a lot of napkins. 

"Jin you're a doctor, you shouldn't be the one panicking" I chuckled as I got another napkin and wiped my nose with it. 

"I was just surprised JungHee" He replied with a sigh "How long have you been staying up all night and not getting enough sleep?" 

"I don't know, a week or two?" I replied 

"You really need sleep. You can study tomorrow morning, and your iron pills have you been taking them?"

"Uh" I replied "I forgot about them"

"How can you- Alright that's it. You should sleep. C'mon, get to bed now" He said as he pulled my wrist. 

"But Jin-"

"No buts, or I'll kick your butt" 

Isn't he the one who's supposed to be sleeping right now? Just how in the world is he sober right now? How high is his alcohol tolerance?