Chapter 3

Louis' POV

It's very late Wednesday night when we finally leave the hospital to go home—Thursday morning really. I go back with my family to Mum and Dan's house even though my apartment isn't that far away. I want to be there in case any of the girls need me. I need to take care of them.

I wasn't going along because I didn't want to be alone. And it definitely wasn't because I was hoping someone would take care of me. Nope. It's just because I am worried about my siblings.

I help Dan carry the twins, who are asleep again, in from the car, and get them settled in bed. After making sure everyone is okay and ready for bed, I check my phone, noting that all the lads have now responded to the text I sent earlier. They have all sent sweet notes of condolences, checking that I am okay, which makes smile sadly. I decide to text Steve and Simon quickly before lying to get some sleep, as I am quite exhausted.

I should have known it wouldn't be that easy. I spend most of the night tossing and turning, the little sleep I get is plagued by dreams of failing on my performance Saturday night and images of my mum lying lifeless in that hospital room.

After one particularly unpleasant dream, I give up on sleep and just lie in the darkness, thinking. I'm supposed to perform on Saturday night, but now I really don't want to. I don't know if I can. What if it all goes wrong? What if nobody likes it? I wish the lads could be with me. Yeah, I know its called a solo debut for a reason, but I'm scared, not that I'm going to admit it to anyone. I don't want to go onstage alone. Yeah, I've been on stage hundreds of times, and yeah Steve is going to be there, and don't get me wrong, he's wonderful, but nothing can compare with being onstage with Harry, Liam, and Niall. And Zayn I guess when he was with us. I just don't want to do this alone.

As I am thinking, I'm crying a little and trembling slightly, getting increasingly worked up and tense the longer I let my thoughts run wild. Suddenly I remember one of the last things my mum said to me and simultaneously relax a bit and start crying harder. She told me that she wanted me to perform no matter what. I guess I kinda have to. I miss her. I need my mum right now. I want her to hug me and hold me and reassure me that I can do it, that I'm going to do great.

Eventually, I get sick of just lying there, and decide to get up, as it is now 6am and getting a bit brighter outside. With a few stray tears still making their way down my cheeks, I pull on some sweats and slip outside. As I walk through the neighbourhood, I light a cigarette, hoping the chilly morning air will clear my head a bit.

So, here's the next chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. I will probably be posting chapter 4 pretty soon, as it is nearly written already. After that, updates might slow a bit as I am not completely sure of the direction of the story.

Does anyone have any feedback? Things they like/don't like?

Again, sorry if you were hoping this would be ageplay from the start. It's going to be quite a while before that really starts...