Chapter 48

"Can you play 'I Want to Write You a Song'?"

No POV

"I don't know. I'm not sure I know the chords for that." Niall tries to play a bit of it, but can't figure it out.

"Google it. I'm sure you can find the chords online," Harry pipes up drowsily from his position cuddling next to Louis, where he had been quiet for so long, everyone thought he was asleep.

Sure enough, with one quick Google search, Niall has the chords to the song pulled up. He starts playing softly, strumming through the chorus once before singing:

"I want to write you a song
One as beautiful as you are sweet..."

The other three lads are curled up together on the bed, looking quite cozy. Liam whispers quietly to Louis as the song starts: "Don't think, just listen to the music." Louis, listening, starts to slowly relax, his breathing evening out and slowing down as he snuggles into Liam and Harry. He lets his thoughts and stress about not slipping float away as the song washes over him.

"I want to build you a boat
One that's strong as you are free
So any time you think that your heart is gonna sink
You know it won't
I want to build you a boat..."

By now, Harry is asleep, and Louis looks close to it. He's not upset at all anymore. Looking up, Niall is amazed to see the change. He's been restless and fidgety this whole time, but now he's completely calm, being held tight by Harry, facing Liam. He reaches one hand forward to grasp at Liam's hand, suddenly craving the physical contact.

"Are you ready to sleep, boo?" Liam whispers gently, stroking Louis' shoulder as he tries to assess the boy's current mindset.

"Yeah, Daddy. M'sleepy. S'it sleepy time?" Liam smiles happily. His theory has just been proven correct, it seems.

As Niall finishes the song, singing the last "I want to write you a song" very softly, Louis is basically sleeping in Harry's arms. Liam looks at them, then gets off the bed slowly and tucks the blankets around them, after which he smiles at Niall and nods toward the hallway.

Niall's POV

As soon as the two of us are out of the room, and the door is closed, I start talking, in a whisper of course so I don't wake the other two.

"What was that?! Is he in headspace already?" I'm seriously amazed at whatever just happened, but I don't understand at all.

Liam starts walking down the hall toward the kitchen, and I follow. We both sit down on the barstools before he answers my questions. "Yeah, he's in headspace. I might be jumping the gun a bit, but I think that song might be one of his triggers for headspace. I'd forgotten about it for a bit, but I already had the possibility in mind when we decided to start ageplay."

"But why?" I don't understand why this specific song would be a trigger.

"Well there was this one time he was panicking and I started singing it, and he just calmed down and got super cuddly and clingy."

"What?" That doesn't answer my question...Oh, he thought I was asking why he thought of that song. "No, I meant why would that song be a trigger for him?"

"That I don't know. Maybe just because it's a really soothing melody and simple lyrics? There was another time I sang it...that time it just put him to sleep, so maybe it's just the calming nature of the song?"

"Fair enough. Just seems a bit odd."

"Yeah. At least it worked, and it's a whole lot better than fear." I nod, thinking of the other day when Louis slipped into headspace in timeout. That wasn't fun; I'd much rather sing him a song than scare him. "What time is it?" Liam asks, yawning.

I look at my phone. "Nearly one. Should probably get some sleep, yeah?" I'm getting pretty tired too.

"Yeah. Night, Niall."

"Night Liam."

Okay, sorry. This is one of the shortest chapters I've written in ages, but it's pretty important, and also I have had so little time recently. I could ramble about my busyness, but I'm pretty sure that's not what you're here for, so I'll just talk about the story.

The next few updates might be a bit slow in coming(like I said, I'm busy...I feel really bad, cuz I love updating, I just don't have time). I'm hoping to have Chapter 50 be a long one though! (And probably right after that will come some chapters I've prewritten and previously hinted about, so those updates should come relatively quickly).

They found a trigger for Louis' headspace! Thoughts? Anyone remember the other times Liam is talking about?

Also, I'm loving 'Sweet Creature' and 'Slow Hands'!!! Anyone else?