Chapter 89

We stand like that for a few more minutes, then I pick him up and bring him to the bathroom for a change. He cries and whimpers when I lay him down, so I give him Mr Snuggles and a paci, which soothe him a little. I make sure to rub rash cream into his bum since it's rather irritated from the combination of spanking and being wet for a while. I don't need him getting rashy after everything else that's happened. I have a feeling I'm going to have a whiny, clingy Louis on my hands for the next little while.

Liam's POV

Louis is very happy to be back in my arms after the change, so I hold him close as I walk down to the kitchen. It's very late and I know he's exhausted. I'm going to make a bottle of warm milk for him to drink while I put him to sleep.

I set Louis down on the counter so I can reach up into the top cupboard for his bottle. Apparently I should have thought ahead, because the instant I step away, he starts sobbing.

"Daddy, Daddyyy," he whines.

"I'm coming, sweetie," I promise. I set the bottle on the counter and hoist Louis back onto my hip. It's going to be awkward preparing a bottle with one hand, but I've done it before.

Louis nuzzles his face into my neck as I get the bottle ready. While I'm waiting for it to heat in the microwave, I bounce him a little and rub his back.

"Are you my sleepy boy? Hmm? You almost ready to go ninight?" I coo softly, looking into his tired blue eyes.

Louis hums and tucks his face back into my neck. When the microwave beeps, I shake the milk before testing the temperature to make sure he won't burn his mouth. I can just imagine how distraught that would make him, after all he's already been through tonight.

I bring Louis up to his bedroom and sit down with him.

"Would you like to do your bottle yourself or do you want me to help?" I ask, settling him comfortably on my lap.

Louis looks up at me with a yawn. "Daddy do, pwease," he responds.

"Of course, love." I hold the bottle to his lips and sing under my breath as he drinks it slowly. Once it's done, I stand up, lifting him to rest his head on my shoulder. "Time for burps, sweetie. Don't want you all gassy when you're sleeping."

We don't always burp him, but if he has a bottle when lying down and sleepy, it's usually a good idea.

I pace around the room, bouncing Louis gently and patting his back to help get the air up. As I pace, I hum "I Want to Write You a Song" because I know it makes him sleepy. Sure enough, after a few minutes, he has gone totally limp in my arms and is letting out small snore-like snuffling sounds. He's not usually a snorer, but I think all the crying earlier left him pretty congested.

I lay him down, tucking him in carefully, then get myself ready for bed. It's late and I've had a long evening.

---

Miraculously, Louis sleeps through the night and I wake up to the sign shining in through the cracks of the blinds. I get myself dressed, listening carefully for any signs of him stirring, but it's all silent as I brush my teeth and run a comb through my hair. I don't want to wake him if he needs the sleep, so I settle down on my bed with my phone.

Last night was an intense whirlwind of events and emotions. I think it turned out okay, but man, that was crazy. A few months ago, I would never have imagined that I'd end up giving a spanking to one of my former bandmates. Oh, shoot. That reminds me. The others have no idea about anything that happened.

I start typing out a message to let them all know about the airport disaster, and the events that followed it here at the house. Just as I hit send, a text comes in.