Chapter 74

"What would you like to do now?"

Liam's POV

Louis shrugs and buries his face in my shoulder. "Dunno, Daddy."

"Well, we could colour for a bit, or maybe read a story. Those are both good options for right now. What do you think?" I catch a glimpse of the clock and realize there isn't a lot of time before I should be putting him to bed, but we can do something for a while before that. There isn't much point to this whole thing if he only ever gets put to bed during his maintenance slips, which is something that I could easily see happening if we keep doing this just in the evenings.

"Cowour, pwease," Louis mumbles around his dummy.

" 'Course, love. Let's see if we can find what we need for that." I kneel down and set him on the floor then search through the bag which contains all his playing stuff, which is mostly just colouring stuff and some picture books, as well as the few bath toys we got. We really should get him some other toys. Nothing too fancy, but maybe some blocks or something. I pull out the crayons then offer Louis the colouring books. "Which one would you like to try today, sweetheart?

He doesn't respond verbally, instead just pointing at the one he wants, a little smile visible behind his dummy.

"Are you a quiet boy today, Lou?" I tease gently, smiling as I pass him the colouring book, and he just smiles at me.

We spend about 45 minutes colouring before I decide it's time for him to go to bed. He's yawning and rubbing his eyes adorably, so I pack up the crayons and go to make him a bottle of warm milk.

We cuddle in his bed as he drinks the bottle, and he drops off quickly, holding Mr. Snuggles tight to his chest. I tuck him in and set up the baby monitor before settling in my bed in the guest room to watch some tv, as it's way too early for me to fall asleep.

Around midnight, I hear a noise over the monitor and go to check on Louis. He's awake, clutching his bear, and whimpering unhappily. He's not screaming or crying the way he does when he has a nightmare, but he's not exactly happy either.

"Hey, boo, what's the matter?" I ask, flipping on the bedside light and sitting on the edge of the bed, rubbing his back gently.

"Daddyyy," Louis whines, sitting up and reaching for me. I pull him onto my lap and cuddle him close.

"Hi sweetheart. What are you doing awake?" I stroke his hair a little, looking intently at his face to try and read his expression.

He hides his face in my shoulder and mumbles something incomprehensible, but I can feel tears soaking through my shirt.

"What's that, Lou? I can't hear you when you're talking to my shoulder. My shoulder isn't my ear, silly." I tickle his side a little, hoping for a reaction, but he just squirms and whimpers again. "Can you look at me, bud? Tell me what's wrong?"

He pulls his face out of my shoulder and looks up at me, eyes glistening with tears. "M'wet."

He is, now that I think about it. His nappy is distinctly swollen, enough that I should have noticed at first glance. "Well, we'll just have to get you changed then, won't we? Thank you for being a big boy and telling me, Louis." I stand up, hoisting him onto my hip, and carry him to the bathroom to put a fresh nappy on him.

After he's changed, I try to lay him back down, so he can sleep, but he clings to me, whimpering, and sobs the one time I try to actually get up and leave the room. I know it may be a bit too indulgent, but I end up just lying down next to him. As we cuddle, Louis laying with his head on my chest, I find myself yawning, and by the time Louis falls asleep, I'm so comfy and sleepy that I really don't want to get up to go back to my bed, so I let myself fall asleep where I am.

Louis' POV

I wake up with a warm body in the bed next to me. Rolling over curiously, I find Liam, fast asleep. Right, of course. I was little last night. That would explain the onesie I'm wearing too, now wouldn't it?

I slip out of the bed carefully, not wanting to wake Liam, and go to take a shower. For some reason I always feel like I need a shower when I get out of headspace, even when it's only been a few hours being little. Liam is still sleeping when I finish, so I head to the kitchen and start making some eggs. Just as I take the pan off the stove to serve them onto two plates, Liam walks in, yawning and with his hair all messed up.

"Mornin Li," I greet happily. "Didja enjoy my bed?"

"Hmm?" he blinks confusedly. "Oh, yeah...yeah, I guess? I didn't expect you to be down here this morning..." he yawns again, still seeming a bit lost.

"I think you need a coffee." I pour a mug for him and set it next to his plate, then get some for myself as well.

We eat in silence, and it's while I'm loading our dishes into my dishwasher that Liam finally seems to wake up.

"What did you think of the slip, then, Lou?"

I put the last plate in before turning around and leaning against the counter as I consider the question.

What did I think? It wasn't anything special, I guess. Nothing happened, really. I guess the most interesting part was forcing myself to be little. I haven't really done that a whole lot. Because besides that, we just coloured and slept, really. Nothing unusual.

"It was good, I guess."

"Anything particularly great or bad that we should think about for next time?"

I shrug. "Not that I can think of."

Liam nods, stretching as he stands up straight. "How are you feeling after? That's the most important part, isn't it?"

"Yeah....good I guess. I mean, I made you breakfast. That's good, yeah?" I smile, nudging his shoulder. "Admit it, you love it when I cook for you."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever, Lou," Liam laughs, playfully shoving me back. I roll my eyes at him and sip my coffee.

A thought occurs to me suddenly. "Li...the next slip. It's the one where Zayn's doing it, isn't it?"

"Yeah, I think so." He pauses, thinking for a moment with a frown on his face. "How do you feel about that? Do you want us to tell him anything or do you just want to tell him what he needs to know?" Liam looks a little awkward, and I know he would really rather I talk to Zayn, because the two of them don't really talk a whole lot. I don't honestly mind, though. I'd like to have a proper conversation with Zayn about it anyways.

"It should be good, won't it?" I respond. "I can talk to him. This will be a good experience, I think. Cause, like, last time it was a little...unplanned. This way he can get to know what it's really like, yeah?"

"Okay. If you're sure. I just don't want you to feel like you have to, Lou. You need to be comfortable."

"No, I'm totally comfortable, Li. I'm pretty excited, honestly. It'll be fun." Maybe I can spend some time with Zayn either before or after we do the whole ageplay thing. I really do miss him.

Guys! I updated!

I'm sorry it's been so long. This semester has been the hardest, busiest semester I've ever had. But it's basically over now, just exams this week and I'll be done with this insanity! I'm so hoping that next semester will be less hard because I really miss having the spare time to write for you guys.

Anyhow. Thoughts on the chapter? It's mostly filler I think...

Next one will be the slip with Zayn. Any thoughts/hopes/predictions for that?

I can't promise anything, but it is my hope that I'll be able to do a fair amount of writing over the winter break, so maybe (I really hope...) that it won't be more than two weeks before I get the next chapter up.

I really missed writing for you guys. Wow. I'm so excited to post this! I hope some of you are still interested in this book...